FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SORG MANSION TAX CREDIT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 27 2014 at 2:44pm
correct--no good excuse for my last post
I usually agree with Rhodes' postings, though we think differently on the value/future of the Sorg properties

This place is still the best source of local information and discussion
dis-agreement is usually healthy, with differing parties usually gaining new insight and perspective. Adversaries often become friends. Hopefully the case with everyone here

When you demean my prior occupation, property and local knowledge to trumpet the value of other entities it does get my attention.

My last and smallest business property was a local staple for 51 years.
At no time was it dependent on tax $$ grants, and ir paid big-time in property tax, sales tax, payroll tax, CAT tax, inventory tax and taxes many of you have never heard of. Not to mention licenses and permits. It featured healthy foods and many local employees and used many local distribution providers(jobs for others).

It was sold(for more $$ than the Sorg properties combined), is being completely re-furbished and will re-open in another 2 months + to serve
the area again(with employees--jobs). It is not based on your tax $$, and will pay the same taxes mentioned above(remember factguy unfortunately stating that the new owners will pay through the nose on higher property tax rates?).

How much in tax $$ will the Sorg properties need, and when will they become functional? What if any property taxes will they pay? How many people will they employ? Who will they serve doing what?
Historic House Guy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 6:34pm
Steve, you should probably zip it. You've done nothing but fail to prove you can change with times and sold you parents hard work off for years. You have no, "I took a chance and did well", story.. The fact that you sold the last store and that some top heavy fat corporation can buy your store, put 10's of thousands of dollars into it, and make money say's it all. 

Growth and change isn't your strong point. I'll bet you even voted for that "change"....

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 7:34pm
sure house guy--I only ran the company for 30 years, with the last ten going south.
I could have laid off, paid minimum and eliminated bennies and probably made it.
Or been like the new outfit and dropped a half mill in to it..
When it is time to go it is time to go--why stay at the table until you go broke?
you didn't get it before and you don't get it now
ever wonder why there are no small stores left?

How well has Middietown changed with the times?
Do you really think that always going back to :historic" will bring it back?

you continue to act like nothing happened in this town before you arrived.
Plenty of good was here.

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 7:54pm
You continue to blame economics for Your failures while giving yourself a full pardon for your short comings. Let me ask you this, how many store did the family own when you "took over" and how many do they on now? I'm busy building something new. I have little time to care about some whine ass tat blew a family fortune.

Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:04pm

HHG,

YOU should zip it. You’ve done nothing but prove that you don’t know what you’re talking about and you don’t know the facts, aren’t very observant and rather than debate issues get personal about people you  obviously are out to get. You think you are smart if you can get people to fall into the trap by baiting them to jump in to your cheap, petty personal attacks rather than debate real issues.. Well, the fact is we have all seen your kind many times before and we’ll play the game with you just to show you up and how petty you are.

SJ doesn’t need defending. He is more than able to defend himself but you only show your ignorance of the facts and circumstances of a city in decline when you say stupid things like “You’ve done nothing but fail to change with times and sold off your parents hard work off for years. Again these remarks are just personal attacks with no basis of truth and are really none of your business what a person does with his business.. The fact is a good businessman like SJ did change with the times just like many other business people who have sold out and left and gave up businesses in Middletown because we have had council and city administrations who brought this city to decline and have no understanding about business and economic growth just as you obviously don’t understand business. Business 101 teaches you when your business isn’t surviving because of the economy and local circumstances you cut your losses and move on. But you and your downtown cronies will tax citizens to death to hold on to a losing situation as long as you’re not paying for it out of your pocket.  Downtown has been a loser in the millions of dollars for many years now because of those like you who will defend a losing situation at the taxpayer’s expense rather than to admit to changing times.

Furthermore, SJ and his family  have a wonderful “took a chance and did well” story that you will never have. They started many years before you ever came on the scene and did so well that their history is an important part of Middletown’s history. They did well enough to help many people and causes for decades. You will never match their contributions  to this city.

I seldom call people’s comments stupid but your statement that says, “The fact that you sold the last store and that some top heavy fat corporation can buy your store, put 10's of thousands of dollars into it, and make money say's it all.” There  are many businesses and individuals out here right now wishing they could be so lucky to have some top heavy fat corporation buy them out of this losing city. Don’t you really know why these many dollar store are coming into Middletown? If not, then you need more help than we thought.  

The fact is, “Growth and change isn't your strong point. I'll bet you even voted for that "change"....”    I have little doubt now that your vote has helped to support the decline of this city and its losses to thousands of citizens. “You should probably zip it.”

pn

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:14pm
Paul, I'm on the square and the level. Who's putting there balls on the line and making something new? Who's selling of the old family's sh*t? Really? You guys just keep bitching about yesterday. Go ahead...
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:20pm
thanx Paul, but let it go...
I met this fine gentleman a while back
We talked once, and I thought that it went pretty well--I was honest with him
He bought a cheap house on S Supthin(how smart was that?)
the only thing historic about his house is that it should be on Doug's list---history

He has been here a couple of years and thinks that he has it figured out
he may figure it out eventually--good luck to him
But all he can really do to get attention is to throw stones--nbd--dime a dozen

He is probably shilling for work in these "historic treasures", milking taxpayer $$

but he is right about one thing--time for spider to shut up, bug out and leave this town to the brilliant minds that ran it, still run it-and will run it in the future.

Don't let him fool you--house guy doesn't care about this town--he cares about house guy
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:26pm
HHG,
       Your wrong again. We are talking about the state of the city NOW. Its in total decline. That's teh only reason someone like you get work when others can't. Guy's like you keep lying about how wonderful things are but you are indeed lying.
       pn
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 8:34pm
Yes SJ and when I met you, I couldn't believe how hopeless and clueless you were. It was everyone else s fault. The guy that got a million dollar business dropped in his lap and sold it all..I'm  building one, something you have no appreciation for unless it was given to you. What are you building Steve? What risk are you taking?

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 9:05pm
hopeless and clueless---hmmm
you might confuse my business operation and financial management with my current opinions on the state of our community

well--after a lifetime in a successful business, it was my duty to put it to bed--should have done it a couple of years earlier
we had a great run, and nothing lasts forever--though we out-lasted pretty much everyone similar across a wide area.
I can only thank the community for decades of support--and also gratitude to the wonderful staff over the time
Still friends with most of them so we must have done a few things the right way
when you get older, family time is a much higher priority
we shall see what becomes of our prior locations, and whether the public finds them better or not as much to their liking as what we offered

so--go for it house guy--build your empire--but remember--it will end some day also
I hope that your run ends on a high note like ours ended
You might find someone for whom to work that has a better picture on finances and what it takes/costs--and maybe someone more skilled to handle your communications
just a thought--good luck!
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 28 2014 at 9:21pm
He bought a cheap house on S Supthin  (how smart was that?LOLLOLLOL
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:05pm
HHG I will say it, you are a dousche bag. (hope I spelled that right)

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 6:15pm
You know, I get along great with everyone I meet. if a dozen people from this forum think I'm a douche bag that's perfectly fine with me since they are the same ones that love to look at everything from the worst possible point of view. In fact, it's not just perfectly fine, it tells me I'm doing something right.

Have a nice night gentlemen, I'll try and come back in a few weeks to piss you off again. Smile
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 9:20pm
blah! blah! blah!  you Historic douche bag, ya not pissing me off with your really stupid post!!  i kinda don't see you as a douche bag, think you are more like dog poo on a shoe!!!  
enough is enough View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enough is enough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2014 at 10:23pm
HHG

Why don't you call Target headquarters and ask them why they closed their store in Middletown. My guess their reason will be the same reason Spider John closed his. His family has done nothing to you. They have donated to many causes in this town but sometimes you have to say enough is enough. They have donated more money than you will ever make. If you want to attack someone go downtown and rant and rave to city council and get Middletown turned around. 
Enough is Enough
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic