FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunset Pool Funding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sunset Pool Funding
    Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 7:06am
Mr. Wood and his Park Board needs $50,000 to run the pool for a season. This is the last season for the AK money. There are 51,000 people in this town. How about each household giving a dollar for each family member in their household.That's a double cheeseburger cost at Mickie D's for each person to allow the pool to open for the season.Mr. Wood and his Park Board can create the fund and run his pool. I've got four bucks for Mr. Wood to start it. Seems like a low cost item to pay in relation to other things we are asked to finance in this town. Too simple of an idea? Probably.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 9:15am

Vet, this is a difficult problem to solve. Would I like to have the kids enjoy the good times we have all shared at Sunset Pool?..Yes..But times have changed and children have changed and our City has changed. To be fair, If you ask those who play golf to cover the cost of Weather Wax then you must ask those that use the pool to cover the cost of it's upkeep.

I guess the real question is...Why does the City keep adding Parks when they can't take care of the ones that already own?
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 1:23pm
Ms. Moon,

I wasn't aware the city has been adding parks.  Where?
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 1:37pm
Yeah, that's a new on on me. I do know they are fixing up old parks around town.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 2:58pm

I stand corrected. 

It is my understanding that the City is not fixing up the parks but Mr. Wood's group "My Park" and other volunteer groups that are funding these clean up programs?
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 3:49pm

WHAT??  The GOLFERS are going to "cover the cost" of Weatherwax??? Shocked  When did this happen??  I must've been in the restroom!!!

I've been under the impression that weatherwax loses money every year!!  Will someone correct me if I am  wrong, please!
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2009 at 8:04pm
I've never understood why the city of Middletown still owns a golf course!!!! I am not aware of how much money it looses a year but neither was I aware that all assets and resources of the city must stand alone financially. With all the golf courses in the immediate tri-county area, I would imagine that no one would be interested in buying any golf course, especially
in this economic climate.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic