Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Tuesday, April 16, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Congratulations

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Congratulations
    Posted: Nov 04 2015 at 6:27am
Congratulations goes out to the newly elected council members. While I didn't vote for Bohannon, I will support him until he decides to venture off the correct path and exhibits signs of MMF fever. I hope this doesn't happen to any of the newly elected members for the sake of the city. Hopefully, they will be strong-minded enough to fend off any attempts of persuasion by the Mulligans, Picard and other MMF sponsored puppets. It was sad to see Laubach forced out as they seemingly ganged up on him until he became so frustrated and isolated he just gave up. Scott-Jones started out probing and asking a lot of questions on behalf of the people. She soon gave up and became quiet and quite agreeable with everything proposed while joining the rubber stamp club theme that is the accepted practice of council. This may have been her downfall this time.

We will be watching and commenting on the direction you choose to take. Will you do what is right by the people or will you choose the MMF Puppet Patrol like Picard, Jones and the two Mulligans have done? Do what is right for the city and the people and resist the inner circle theme of cowering down and giving in. Your choice. How will you handle it?

Unfortunately, Mulligan ran unopposed for Mayor so we are stuck with him. We need to purge Picard and Joe Mulligan if he decides to return to council at a later date. All bad for the city IMO.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 04 2015 at 7:25am

Posted: 12:09 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 4, 2015

Fresh faces elected to Middletown City Council

By Ed Richter

Staff Writer

Newcomers Talbott Moon and Steve Bohannon were the leading vote-getters Tuesday for two open seats on Middletown City Council.

According to final, unofficial results from the Butler County and Warren County boards of elections, Moon, 34, received 4,556 votes and Bohannon, 56, received 4,165 votes. Incumbent Councilwoman Anita Scott Jones, 52, collected 3,760 votes and first-time candidate Roy Gordon, 44, got 1,312 votes.

Nearly 5,000 paper absentee ballots were not included in the Butler County totals as of press time Tuesday night. The Butler County Board of Elections reported technical issues with the scanning process of the paper ballots.

Once those votes have been counted, it could impact the result of some races. Visit Journal-News.com today for the latest election results.

Bohannon told the Journal-News that he ran for a council seat because he wanted to give something back to the city. He said he wanted to “thank all of the folks in Middletown who voted for him, and especially his wife Kay for all of her hard work and support.”

“This city has helped me raise and educate my children, start and run a successful business and allowed me to live the American dream,” Bohannon said. “It’s time to give back.”

He said he was going to do the best job he can for the city.

Bohannon is the past chairman of the Middletown Cemetery Board and is the chairman of the Middletown Real Estate Investors Group representing the city’s landlords. He is also a board member of the Middletown Safety Commission and the Rotary Club.

Moon said via email that he is “honored and humbled by the support of the Middletown voters.”

“I’d like to thank all the residents of Middletown, my family and friends for the help and encouragement these last several months. I’d also like to congratulate Steve Bohannon on his election,” Moon said.

He said that he got to know Jones and Gordon throughout this process.

“They’re good people and I know they’ll both stay engaged serving our city and its residents,” Moon said. “Specifically, I’d like to thank Councilwoman Anita Scott Jones, she’s given freely of her time and talents for many years in service to Middletown and she deserves our appreciation. Changes won’t come easily, but I look forward to getting to work for and with our residents to build a better Middletown.”

Moon has been active in the community as a board member and chairing committees of The Chamber of Commerce Serving Middletown, Monroe and Trenton; as a volunteer leader and committee member at the Oaks Community Church; and as committee member with The Business Alliance.

Middletown City Council members serve four-year terms and receive salaries of $5,000 a year.

townemallgroupie View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townemallgroupie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2015 at 12:10am
VietVet doesn't pull any punches whether in Ho Chi Minh City or Fricker's.  I likes.  Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic