Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Uptown Country Boutique

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Uptown Country Boutique
    Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 11:58am

Posted: 10:04 a.m. Monday, Aug. 11, 2014aaaaaaaa

MIDDLETOWN

New Middletown boutique specializes in western fashion

By Michael D. Pitman

Staff Writer

MIDDLETOWN —

The owner of a new business in downtown Middletown is hoping to tap into a market currently not served in the area, she said.

Shannon Mancino has opened Uptown Country Boutique, a store that will offer specialty clothes and “higher western fashions” that she said shoppers cannot find at retail stores or malls.

“There’s no place around with apparel like this, unless you drive 30 minutes away,” said Mancino. “So I’m trying to bring a different demographic downtown.”

The items at Uptown Country Boutique are most popular in what Mancino calls the western community and women who show horses, but she says women in areas known for fashion, such as New York, also dress in the same brands.

And the clothes are interchangeable with other styles, which Mancino said “all makes for a great mix of fashion.”

Mancino started making custom clothing about 10 years ago for her daughter, Brittany, who was performing in western horse shows. People often took notice of her daughter’s wardrobe and would ask Mancino to make one-of-a-kind creations for their daughters, she said. Soon, ShannonKay Designs was born.

Mancino moved her shop for that brand, which had been in the Pendleton Art Center at the corner of Central Avenue and South Broad Street, to a workshop in the back of Uptown Country Boutique that opened Aug. 8 at 1040 Central Ave.

While Mancino will display some of her handmade outfits, the shop will also focus on specialty brands, such as Rock & Roll Cowgirl, Panhandle Slim and Grace in LA.

Uptown Country Boutique also carries accessories, most notably the Lenny & Eva jewelry brand, and Mancino expects to soon to have the Johnny Loves June jewelry brand in her store.

Middletown has always been home to Mancino, who grew up in the area and lives in Madison Twp.

“It’s a place I’ve known all my life, plus it’s close to home. It’s close to everyone I know,” she said.

Uptown Country Boutique is open from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays; noon to 7 p.m. Wednesdays; and 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays this summer. For more information, visit Facebook.com/UptownCountryBoutique or call 513-849-2091.

FmrMide81 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FmrMide81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 12:47pm
Oh goody-streetwalkin' cowgirls-just what Central Ave needed....
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 3:20pm
I wish the owner success, especially in the downtown area.

Just wondering, since the location is downtown and we all know that that area of town has minimal foot traffic throughout the week. The business is also a niche store offering western wear which would attract the horse show folks and, I would imagine, few others as I don't see the Middletown area as a high end western wear type of people.

Add to those issues, the fact that this is more on the high end in clothing, and, no doubt price, and I don't see a large contingent of Middletown folks flocking to the store due to a lack of disposable income to afford these specialized prices. I would think, based on the demographic breakout of Middletown, the interest would not be there to maintain this venture. Just early speculation on my part. Hope I'm wrong and she is successful. Would be nice to see some storefronts occupied and some people on the sidewalks once again.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2014 at 7:29pm
Best wishes but, golly, opening up a store down there seems like a pipe dream.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 12 2014 at 10:41am

Shannon Mancino has opened Uptown Country Boutique, a store that will offer specialty clothes and “higher western fashions” that she said shoppers cannot find at retail stores or malls.

“There’s no place around with apparel like this, unless you drive 30 minutes away,” said Mancino. “So I’m trying to bring a different demographic downtown.”

Kudos to Shannon! Best of luck with your new business.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Trotwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trotwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2014 at 12:21am
Key is getting the word out. If she does that well, she should be ok.

I could see businesses like this working in larger low-rent spots with a decent online sales engine behind them (so Middletown is the "showroom", most sales happen via Amazon et. al). These places just need the cheapest possible spaces near people to run goods. Think Frontgate off Union Center, for instance (although that's not low-rent space).
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2014 at 9:17pm
I hope they make it because another one bit the dust, @the square is closed. So whoever can make it downtown,good luck to them. Canal House is almost ready to open. I hope they make it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic