FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dollar General

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dollar General
    Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 10:47pm
According to the DDN, a Dollar General in projected to open in August in the old Dillman's Grocery on Central Ave.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 11:43am

And as Martha would say “This is a Good Thing”

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 19 2014 at 4:56pm
Yes indeed, Dollar General and Family Dollar......the NEW "Dillards" and "Macy's" of Middletown. The prices in these stores match the spending power of the people of Middletown.....little to none.

A big thank you goes out to those responsible for job development.

Nice job in your creation of what we'll call........providing jobs that give the people the ability to afford low class ghetto spending. It is the result of job creation that features fast food, service and cashier wages rather than decent paying opportunities.

If you would have spent as much energy and focus on bringing decent jobs in here, rather than the concentration on that dam downtown, we might have managed to create customer traffic and salvaged the established businesses that are now gone or going (Target) Perhaps if you would have created jobs that put money in people's pockets for disposable income, there may have been some money flowing in the community.

Another cluster on your part. Congrats.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 1:20pm
Spider sticks it to Mtown on his way out the door.

Gotta love it.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 3:03pm
I am going somewhere?
Tell me where

51 years there and 87 years across town wasn't enough?
Dillman foods did more to help people in this town than u would ever think about doing, and will continue to do so

U r one bitter soul--sad

Enjoy the spirit of the holiday
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 5:38pm

Middletown29
I for
one am glad that Mr. Dillman sold his building and that a new business is in that location and you should be also. Look out your window and what do you see?
We need every job we can get here in
Middletown large and small.
Because of the actions of City Hall, businesses have moved away and we have lost millions of dollars in revenues. I wish
Middletown was filled with more families like the Dillman’s.
Look around, the giants of our community have gone or have moved away. 
Now we are left with crooks, corruption and apathy. 

We are now watching the slow painful death of a once proud city.
You need to pray that the business men in our community stand up and lead the way for a better community in the future because it is evident to me that City Hall has NO business sense what so ever. We are loosing millions of dollars because of their actions.
The City of
Middletown is going broke.

Thank you, Mr. Dillman

over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 10:17pm
Some of us in this city would very much like to clean up our city council and some flagrant disregard for the law. I noticed in Sunday's paper under an announcement stating the butler county bar association wishes to Imformation the public that it maintains a Certified Grievance Committee which is authorized by the Supreme Court of Ohio to receive and investigate complaints of unethical professional conduct against attorneys in Butler a County. I don't know why I noticed this but it almost seemed like a "sign" telling us we have options against conduct like Doug Adkins has displayed in the Bank One deal and his behavior with MPHA. Maybe it's time to take some action. IMO
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 5:57am
"authorized by the Supreme Court of Ohio to receive and investigate complaints of unethical professional conduct against attorneys in Butler a County"

Need to include Picard and Joe Mulligan on this too. Since they have not offered resistance to the activity to date, one must assume they are in full agreement with the actions of Adkins and others.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 9:14am

It seems that the inside, underhanded, Bank One Deal that was brought before city council may have been the straw that has broken the back of City Hall.
How on earth could a banker and four attorneys sit in the same room and allow this real estate deal to even come before city council?
I believe the citizens of
Middletown are now ready and willing to take action against the local attorneys involved in this blatant disregard of the law concerning the selling of this city owned property. 

over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 9:15am
I guess that might include Landen. Isn't he the one that's suppose to "advise" the city on legal matters? Fine job he's doing there.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 9:17am
M29;

WTF is wrong with you? You provide nothing but negativity to this forum.  The Dillman family have been good for Middletown and good to the community. Your constant snark against SJ seems that you have an axe to grind with the family or maybe it's just against SJ. Either way, your comment is not only undeserved, it is repulsive. Do something for the community instead of being a jackass and perhaps you will gain some respect for your opinions. It is their property and their right to do with it as they please. A Dollar General is certainly better than another empty store front in town! Get over yourself!
sunwyn View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 9:29am
Unbelievable....The Dillman Family have been one of the most positive and giving families that ever happened to this community and I, for one, am saddened to see the last of their stores. While I did not know Roger well, Steve was one of the best bosses I ever had. He actually cared about the people that worked for him as well as the customers that shopped in their stores. And as to Dollar General buying the building....at least there won't be another empty store front or empty gaping hole dragging Middletown down with it.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 9:49am

Over the Hill
It is evident to me that City Hall and City Council have forgotten that the funds that want to so freely give away with these business deals belong to the tax paying citizens of
Middletown.
They need to read the THE OATH OF OFFICE that they signed one more time...
They can not simply over ride the laws and do as they damn well please with our money.

Iron Man View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iron Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

How on earth could a banker and four attorneys sit in the same room and allow this real estate deal to even come before city council?

To be honest, I can understand how the banker could sit back and allow it. LOL

swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 21 2014 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by sunwyn sunwyn wrote:

And as to Dollar General buying the building....at least there won't be another empty store front or empty gaping hole dragging Middletown down with it.

May not be entirely true. One must assume this is a relocation of the store on S. University in the shopping center with Marsh. 

Dillmans can sell to whomever they please. Let's hope Steve focuses his energy on another project outside the grocery business.

Has any one else noticed, though, the other new business soon to opening in that stretch of Central? 
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 8:08am
thanx 4 the kind words and appreciation....

yes--Keith Comb's BBQ Central should open soon, and will be one very good, very cool place in the mid-town Central business district(coolest business area in town!). Habe been inside a lot during the transformation, and there is quite a bit of Dillman Foods hidden throughout.

Who knows? Maybe the former Lewis Drugs building will; be the next transformation((who owns that structure?)?

An actual residential neighborhood, with successful self-supporting private businesses lining both sides of the street.

Obviously Mtown29 paid Dillman Foods a parting back-handing compliment by implying that a new Dollar General was a step backwards from the former occupant--lol

But M29 concerns me over his lack of substance...he has negatively posted about the former head of the Chamber, a cool downtown wildlife artist, city Admin and other city business owners without a shred of posted facts to back up his allegations. I know that he has been far off base in his assumptions regarding my situations, so I assume that he was also reaching with his comments about many others. Hard to give this twisted soul much credibility imo....
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 12:34pm
and swo is probably correct in that Dollar General will follow CVS in closing a spot in that mall location.

Possibly Marsh could go also when their current lease expires, since the are systematically closing all locations with the expirations of current leases. The local location has been shopped around for 3 years(trust me there--I turned it down twice). It is their most successful store, however they are one of the very few, far from their Indiana base, and owned by a holding co.determined to get out of the food business. I would expect some one to eventually buy or take over that location--otherwise we may well have another empty strip center.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic