FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Say it ain't so...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Historic House Guy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 6:58pm
Since hes gone so far out of his way to make this town seem like a sh*t hole, I'll be more than happy to offer him $50,000.00 for that dump. He should be more than happy to take the money and run.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 6:56pm
Paul,

Don't tell me it's none of my business when it's 2 blocks from my house and i shop there 3 days a week. 80+ years and now all of the sudden this guy can't/won't take the time to keep it going because it doesn't pay what it use to...
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 6:44pm
HHG,
       That persons business is none of your business. His posts on this blog have been more helpful to this city then any posts you'll put on the rest of your obnoxious life. You obviously have a vendetta but your in an untenable position so you have to get personal and nasty. Why don't you go blog somewhere else until you learn some courtesy and respect for others? Why don't you tell us of all of your good works in the city of Middletown and how many jobs you have provided over how many years.
       You are really boring.
        Paul Nagy
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 6:28pm
Sorry Mike but I'm actually busy trying to build my families wealth not trying to cash one in. 
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by Historic House Guy Historic House Guy wrote:

I was told the business doesn't make the money it use to. Wasn't told it didn't make money to be sustainable. As far as I know, a new owner isn't even an option and why should it be? The owner has trashed this town with his posts to this forum. Reap what you sow Steve. I'm sure your family would be proud! 

Why don't YOU buy it then???  Perhaps you will just barely break even, but look at all the jobs you will be providing, and all the good you will be doing!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 6:10pm
I was told the business doesn't make the money it use to. Wasn't told it didn't make money to be sustainable. As far as I know, a new owner isn't even an option and why should it be? The owner has trashed this town with his posts to this forum. Reap what you sow Steve. I'm sure your family would be proud! 

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by Historic House Guy Historic House Guy wrote:

I'm sorry, should we only ask hard questions when it come to our government? We can't ask business owners? I like Steve, I get it. Not trying to shame anyone but this seems to be a broken record with businesses. Give up and cash out seem to be the common theme. I don't care if you think it's rude or not, I know a thing or two about being an Entrepreneur. That is much different than growing up in the family business.
HHG:
You sound a little confused!!!
Businesses exist to make money!!! 
Governments exist to serve the people!!! (At least that was the intent of our founders.)

That is the difference.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 5:57pm
I must concur with Mr. Nagy.

Historic House Guy:  I wonder how long YOU would stay in your current business if you didn't make enough to make it worth your while??? 
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 5:52pm
I'm sorry, should we only ask hard questions when it come to our government? We can't ask business owners? I like Steve, I get it. Not trying to shame anyone but this seems to be a broken record with businesses. Give up and cash out seem to be the common theme. I don't care if you think it's rude or not, I know a thing or two about being an Entrepreneur. That is much different than growing up in the family business.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 5:41pm
HHG,
       How absolutely rude and obnoxious of you to post such questions and comments to someone who has (and his family) provided so many jobs in Middletown for decades and has contributed so much to the community over and over again. If you can't do better than that you should quit posting.
        Paul Nagy

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 5:02pm
I keep wondering about this. Is the store not sustainable or is it because the profits aren't enough or, "like they use to be". Times have changed. You wont see 3% in a savings account any more. Doe's that mean you shouldn't save? So you can't get 10% ROI out of a business any more; doe's that mean you shouldn't have a business? Where do these people think they're going to run off to and make things better? What about the 20 people you left jobless just because you don't feel you're being paid enough for your time? Is their no one local that would step in and keep the store open? Do you feel even slightly responsible for this since you've made so many posts about how bad this city is or will this just justify your opinion because you made it so?

I hope when you consider the sale of this building you will consider the hopelessness that made you give up and let someone else have an opportunity without you holding it ransom.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2013 at 1:53pm
I just went to Dillman Grocery and all the shelves are half empty. At first I thought they may have got wiped out from the people freaked out about the storm so I asked and I was told they might be closing. Might be? sure looks that way to me. Why else would you let the stock get that low? Many things marked as clearance as well.

This will be a sad day for Middletown if this is so. A lot of people depend on that store but I can understand if those people just don't bring in enough money to keep it operating. Still sad though Cry
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic