FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Citizens 4 the Senior Center

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 8:30pm
Used the transportation service on Friday as a matter of fact. Transported my wife to her eye appt. at Sears. We have a vested interest in the Senior Center and the service they offer for us. Have donated when we had the money. Will vote for the levy for selfish reasons. We need them to help us.

On the other hand, I have never been enamored to hear about them biting off more than they could chew mortgage-wise on the land and the building. Shouldn't have tried to build the Taj Mahal there on Central. Toned it down a little as to size and extravagance. Shouldn't be asking the people to make up for the mistake they made in their purchase and mortgage situation. IMO. The ones who made the decision should be the ones responsible for paying the note.

Nevertheless, we will support it.
Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 6:57pm
Hello Everyone,

Like many of you I received the above letter from the Middletown Senior Center a few days ago. I have spent a lot of time thinking about it. Whereas, I would be against some levies from the city in this type of economy and under present circumstances, I cannot in good conscience oppose the levy for the Senior Center.

Look at the second paragraph and read all of the good, important and  practical work they have done and are doing for seniors. Its a lot of work and they do it with great cost effectiveness. They are addressing vital needs of Seniors. How can we not support such efforts?

Look at paragraph number three and see some of the very serious reasons for continued support  of the Center.

If you really want to help a good cause please consider what I'm about to suggest.

1.   Please make a contribution as requested. Get any businesses you can to make a contribution.
             2.  Please enroll as a member and use the services. Membership is $40.00 a year. The best
                   bargain you can get today anywhere.
             3.  Eat and enjoy your meals there. Lunch for members is $3 and most dinners run $5 - $5.95. 
                   Where else can you get that ?
             4.  Look around the house and find something you can sell for $10.00 and give that to the Center.
                   Get everyone you know to do the same. You'll never miss it.
             5. Every time you get any extra change why not contribute it to the Center for them to cut down that
                    brutal mortgage which threatens the very existence of the Center.
              6. Call and write your city council and ask them to find a real way in which they can make a
                    specific contribution that will encourage Mike Scorti, Michael Bailey and Richard Isroff, the
                     Co-Chairs of the Board, who have taken on this hard and hugh assigment.

Remember, you don't have to be a Senior to help on this. I'm always thankful for the young folks I
see  at the nursing homes volunteering their time, energy and money for the elderly and their loved  ones.

Personally, I want to ask you to consider this deeply and support the Seniors. I'm asking you the best way I know how but if you want me to plead and beg I will even do that. Times are hard and this important cause is on dangerous ground. Support Ann Munafo and the Center now !

Thank you for your consideration and support.

Paul Nagy

Paul Nagy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paul Nagy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2012 at 6:23pm

Citizens 4 the Senior Center

September 13, 2012

Dear   Friend of Middletown Senior Center :

We hope you will join us in our support of the upcoming Middletown Senior Citizens levy on Nov. 6, 2012.

Issue 4 in Middletown (Butler County) and Issue 27 in Middletown (Warren County) will allow our Center to continue to provide daily lunch meals at the center, exercise classes, and transportation services, as well as many other activities, and services that are vital to many of our Middletown area men and women. Last year alone, over 17,488 meals were served to seniors at the Center and 1200 members participated in over 28,214 activities. We provided services to 3225 seniors in the community and made 8897 trips transporting seniors. Without this levy the Center may no longer be open for lunch meals or activities. I

With the aging population expanding at an alarming rate we must be prepared with adequate facilities and personnel to continue to offer quality services. Our mission is “to serve maturing men and women by addressing those needs and interests which contribute to their continued enjoyment and independence.” We want to continue to help seniors stay healthy longer at home and avoid more expensive long term care. Socialization, staying active, having friends and fun and a purpose for each day are part of remaining healthy and contribute to the enjoyment and independence of the seniors in our community.

A considerable amount of donations will be needed to finance this campaign. Hopefully you can help in this effort by making a monetary contribution made payable to “Citizens for the Senior Center” and also, of course, vote “yes” for issue 4. Please drop off your check at the Middletown Senior Center or mail it to Citizens for the Senior Center at 3907 Central Avenue, Middletown, Ohio, 45044.        

Thank you in advance help and support!

Michael Scorti            Michael Bailey              Richard Isroff

Co-Chairs, Citizens for the Senior Center

Ann Munafo

Ann Munafo

Executive Director, Middletown Area Senior Citizens, Inc.

Posted by Paul Nagy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic