FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dave Duritsch leaving

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2012 at 7:04pm
acclaro,
 Dave Duritsch has been employed by the city for 24 yrs. Why would it be a surprise that near the end of his earning years that he took a new job that paid more money. Isn't that what someone in the private sector would do? It took Mr. Duritsch 24 yrs of working for the city to be in this position. Are you trying to say he shouldn't be allowed to move to a new job? So he knows somebody in Kettering. Isn't referrals and knowing someone how to move up in our economic system? Isn't working when you're young so you can be "set for life" when you're ready to retire what "The American Dream" is all about?  Has Mr Duritsch done something wrong? I don't understand the criticism about this.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2012 at 6:14pm
Is the plan since Ms. Gilleland and Steve Husemann both worked at Kettering, that they pick up the phone, and call when they need to get rid of an employee? We now have an assistant law director and now Duritsch there, and that provides the quad-ruple dip for Steve Husemann. And Durtisch gets a 9% increase. What a place to be....get a cushion, tenured for life job in the municipal, city, or state system in Ohio. Talk about set for life. 
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2012 at 4:38pm
 From the MJ:

Middletown public works, utilities director leaving city

By Michael D. Pitman, Staff Writer 12:07 PM Tuesday, March 13, 2012

MIDDLETOWN — The man who is charged with keeping water flowing and the streets clear of snow and ice in the city is leaving for Kettering later this month.

Public Works and Utilities Director Dave Duritsch submitted his letter of resignation after accepting the Public Service Director job for the city of Kettering. His last day with the city is March 25 and first day with Kettering is March 26, according to his letter of resignation and the city of Kettering.

Duritsch, 45, will end a 24-year tenure with the city of Middletown in 12 days, which started when he was an engineering co-op student at the Ohio State University in 1988. He was a co-op employee until he joined the city full-time in 1991.

Duritsch couldn’t immediately be reached for comment, but according to his letter of resignation, dated March 8, he’s “excited for the opportunity to continue my professional development with yet another quality organization. I appreciate what the city has provided for me and my family over the years.”

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic