FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Here They Come!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here They Come!
    Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 8:42pm
Well, it didn't take long for the school people to start the preliminary process of priming the public pump to excite the taxpayers to support the next phase of the school building plan. (When will we see some progress promised from the elementaries built several years ago?) Nothing monumental so far, right? If true, why should we support Phase II if Phase I hasn't done anything for us? From the Journal....

Middletown schools to consider building updates
The 25-member facilities panel meeting to get the process started.

MIDDLETOWN — The Middletown City School District officially begins the process of considering facilities improvements tonight with its first committee meeting

Included on the committee are building principals, community members, school board members, business owners, company representatives and Superintendent Greg Rasmussen.
“It will be a nice start,” Rasmussen said. “(Tonight) will be more of a look back, where we’ve been, bringing up to speed where we are currently and beginning to peek out to the future a little bit. I’m excited to get started. It’s a good thing for all of us and it’s very important.”
While Phase I of the 2003 master plan — which called for six new elementary schools and two renovated elementary schools — was completed about a year ago, the district will now revisit Phase II.
Phase II centers around renovating the current high school and converting it into a middle school, and also building a new high school. The Phase II funding from the Ohio Schools Facilities Commission may not be received until several years from now.

“Of those people (on the committee), they know the people that we have a hard time reaching,” said Milt Thompson, the district’s business manager. “Think about the excitement, the flare it may raise about the district and what that may mean for the children learning in Middletown.”

YOU KNOW MILT, I COULD GET MORE EXCITED "FOR THE CHILDREN LEARNING IN MIDDLETOWN" IF YOU SCHOOL PEOPLE WOULD SHOW SOME PROGRESS ON THE TEST SCORES, MAKE GREATER STRIDES ON THE INDICATORS.....WITH A LITTLE MORE URGENCY THAN 10 OUT OF 26 OVER A DECADE AND START REMOVING THE REASONS THAT FAMILIES ARE OPEN-ENROLLING AND LEAVING THE DISTRICT IN SIZABLE NUMBERS DUE TO A FEELING THAT THE KIDS AREN'T GETTING A QUALITY EDUCATION HERE, RESULTING IN A STEADY DECLINE IN STUDENT POPULATION. YOU DON'T NEED FANCY NEW SCHOOLS.....YOU NEED TO CHANGE THINGS TO PRODUCE RESULTS THAT THE PEOPLE WOULD NOTICE IN A POSITIVE FASHION. THIS SCHOOL DISTRICT HAS A POOR REPUTATION IN THE QUALITY EDUCATION CATEGORY AND NEW SCHOOLS WON'T CHANGE THAT. NEW SCHOOLS ONLY PRESENT A FALSE FACADE, MASKING WHAT IS REALLY THERE. AS TO YOUR COMMENT ON FLARE/EXCITEMENT? LAUGHABLE AT BEST MILT. THE PERFORMANCE NUMBERS TAKE ALL THE LUSTER OFF ANY "FLARE" OR "EXCITEMENT" YOU MAY BE SUGGESTING. BEING RANKED DOWN AROUND THE BOTTOM OF THE 600+ SCHOOLS IN OHIO KINDA PUTS A DAMPER ON IT MILT. YOU FOLKS ARE MIS-FOCUSED.....AGAIN.
Stanky View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 9:55pm
I know a few folks who open enrolled elsewhere this year. They all said the reason was not the performance of MCSD or the quality of instruction or instructors. It was getting away from the "low class" kids and all that comes with them. I'm not sure Milt or Rasmussen or Jerry Lucas could do anything about any of this. Thanks to council and admin decisions over last 25 years, this town has become a lobster trap -- you can get in but you don't get out.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 11:11pm
Why bother.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2012 at 11:34pm
rshaffer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rshaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 12:45am
I would like to personally invite acclaro, ground swat, vietvet, stanky, and any others not mentioned, to be my personal guest at the facilities' committee meeting tonight (Thursday) at 6:00. Although I don't know any of you personally---that I know of---I believe that it will be very helpful if each of you could attend, and be part of this process firsthand rather than being on the outside and speculating as to what is being done. Each of you can be a valuable part of the process. You can hear directly about the concerns, and propose solutions to the problems. Each meeting should last about 60-90 minutes; further, the meetings are usually scheduled a couple of months apart, making your time commitment quite minimal. If you would, please post a reply on this blog letting us know if you will join us, or---if not---your reasons for declining. Thank you for participating.   Rick Shaffer
Rick
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 6:01am

I’ll be there!!!  Thank you for the invitation.  Big%20smile

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 6:34am
Originally posted by rshaffer rshaffer wrote:

I would like to personally invite acclaro, ground swat, vietvet, stanky, and any others not mentioned, to be my personal guest at the facilities' committee meeting tonight (Thursday) at 6:00. Although I don't know any of you personally---that I know of---I believe that it will be very helpful if each of you could attend, and be part of this process firsthand rather than being on the outside and speculating as to what is being done. Each of you can be a valuable part of the process. You can hear directly about the concerns, and propose solutions to the problems. Each meeting should last about 60-90 minutes; further, the meetings are usually scheduled a couple of months apart, making your time commitment quite minimal. If you would, please post a reply on this blog letting us know if you will join us, or---if not---your reasons for declining. Thank you for participating.   Rick Shaffer

Mr. Shaffer, I will not be able to attend tonight. I must provide caregiving to my wife who cannot fend for herself due to a stroke which took her left arm and leg. My son is the other caregiver and he has to work tonight.

However, I would like to provide a response to you since you asked for attendees or why they couldn't attend.....

I have always been a proponent of rewarding/recognizing when something positive has been done. This would apply to this situation. IF the Middletown schools would have performed the last three decades, IF the schools would have shown significant improvement in the testing categories in all grades, IF the Middletown schools were not ranked close to the bottom of the 600+ school districts in this state, and IF
there had been some reportable improvement in performance as a result of the new elementaries that have been built (to the tune or $45 million dollars in bond money), I would have been inclined to see rewarding this district with a new high school and the other Phase II plans. As it stands now, I cannot support your Phase II plans because I am still waiting for some positive news from Phase I. Now, you really can't expect some of us to accept moving on and accomodating Phase II supporters who desire more money expenditures on a school district that is broken and not performing on an acceptable level can you? Quite frankly, I don't understand the Phase II supporters are giving the educators here, given the job they have done to date. They don't deserve new digs based on what they have done with the new schools you gave them several years ago. New schools do not equate to a better education. Why spend the money if it will not produce results?

It would be futile for me to attend your meeting with the attitude and perspective I have of this district. If I were to present this same information at your meeting, I would be asked to leave because my views do not go along with the program and are not popular. No, the only people you need at your meeting are folks who still believe that the system will improve with new facilities (incredibly naive IMO) and folks who are supporters of this district no matter how long it takes to improve it to an acceptable level. If I haven't seen but baby steps in over a decade, it is too slow of growth for me to support. Read this post to all of them and see what kind of reaction you get. It won't be pretty. It will make them angry. Thank you for the invite anyway.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 8:42am

Vet,

Sorry, but I am in disagreement.

In my humble view, whether or not the district has performed is not the question and has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

We have a duty to provide adequate school facilities for the children of our city.  We have no duty to provide anything more (facility-wise), but we have an obligation to provide nothing less, whether we agree or not with what is going on inside those facilities.  (Those goings-on and the resultant performance should be addressed when electing, or recalling, school board members, or at school board meetings, or in the press and similar forums.)

The adequacy of the school facilities should be the question.  Should any of the facilities be found inadequate (but still necessary due to current and projected student population), then whether or not it is more economical to repair, modernize, or replace that facility (or facilities) should be the question.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 9:17am
Bingo Mr. Presta.  Where Milt and, in the past, Dr. Price, erred was in tying any kind of performance to the facilities.  Wrong approach.  Lay out for us the costs of maintenance vs. cost of building new.  Also provide us info on your last 5-10 year maintenance costs and why the district did or did not maintain the buidings in the manner they did.  I'd like to know if insufficient maintenance was provided in hopes of greasing the skids for "phase 2".  In the end, I will support phase 2 if, and only if, it makes financial sense.
jsmith2011 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsmith2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 9:29am
I have a comment/question about the last few articles I've read in the journal about the facilities improvement plan. They keep stating that the original plan called for 2 elementary schools to be renovated and that was completed last year. The first article actually referred to Highview Elementary. Why would they be including Highview into the plan from 2003? Highview was not part of that plan. The renovated schools were Amanda and Central.

The Highview renovations were separate so whatever money they used for that should not be included. Those figures have never been published although they took a school that was a few years old and ripped it apart adding lockers, changing everything including the furniture because it was not fit for middle school students. But we are supposed to overlook that and give more money? Why couldn't they have come up with the plan that didn't cost a fortune? Put the 6th grades back in the schools where they came from?

Why not come up with a similar plan for the other schools? Do some renovating. Here's another idea, get rid of half the administration in the building on Girard.

Building new facilities isn't going to bring anyone to Middletown. The town is going nowhere and the schools are poor performing.

If anything, building the new elementaries and comparing performance since should show that new facilities aren't the answer.

Look around school board and committee, does this town look like anyone can afford to pay more taxes?
rshaffer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rshaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 9:54am
Thank you, VietVet and Mike for your responses. I am sorry that you have such harsh feelings, but I understand your stance, Vet. Sorry, Mike, for omitting you from the initial post. You put the problem in perspective. I view MCSD's situation like a dysfunctional family: one of the parents or children may have severe problems, but they must still maintain their home (i.e., roof, windows, HVAC, property, etc.). In 10 years, Vail/Middletown Middle School will be 100 years old. I graduated from there in 1966---great building, but aged. The "new" HS will be 50 years old by then. Decisions need to be made now in order to have a workable plan for their future. Many factors affect the concept of an effective school district. Progress reports will continue to be made; kids in the second grade now will go through the system. Just because there are some environmental problems (e.g., "Section 8") doesn't mean that we shouldn't move forward where we can. Someday, the economy will improve, and the movement between Cincinnati and Dayton will continue. To not have a "snapshot" or plan would not be prudent. Perhaps you can join us sometime in the future, Vet. And thank you, Mike, for your willingness to join us. I find it much more exciting to be on the committee as a part of the decision making, rather than sit on the side. Rick
Rick
rshaffer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rshaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 10:23am
jssmith: this past summer I was an intern working in the Business Office, under Milt Thompson. I was responsible for the moves involving Vail/Verity, and preparing Highview for the 6th graders. I can, and will, answer any questions that you have. First, Highview wasn't "torn apart." Lockers were purchased and placed in several hallways---I suppose lockers should have been bought for these new buildings to begin with, rather than "cubbies," which are less expensive and more appropriate for younger students. However, with larger backpacks and coats, the cubbies were inadequate for 6th graders. No new furniture was purchased for the classrooms. Desks, when available, were raised to accomodate the larger 6th graders; classroom furniture was moved from Verity or storage. The same is true with the Vail/Verity combination. No new furniture was purchased; necessary items were brought from Verity. There was some movement between buildings as a result of teacher reassignments. I will be more than pleased to answer any other questions about these moves, if I have correct information to pass along. Rick
Rick
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 11:46am
Why bother.

rshaffer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rshaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 2:40pm
Acclaro: I will attempt to respond to these individually. Disclaimer: these are my opinions, and not parroted from any school board member or school employee. I have been a facilities' (Buildings & Grounds) administrator for 23 years in Cincinnati schools, including Princeton and CPS. I have been on every facilities' committee in Middletown since the 1990's.
"It is obvious the school district wants a new school, as the fact Phase 2 was put on the table 8 years ago." Response: a new HS and middle school was included because they are MCSD buildings. To exclude them would be premature. These buildings must be evaluated periodically to revise the master plan. To ignore them---or exclude them---would be detrimental. There has not been recent conversations in the meetings that state where a new HS or middle school would be located, just for the sake of being on the "East side." Verity and the existing HS site have been cited because MCSD owns the properties. Perhaps "Vail" as it has recently been known, might be remodeled (doubtful) and returned as a HS, or maybe torn down and a new school built on the site. I assure you, nothing is being proposed for Barnitz or Miller gym, unless it is independent of the building plan. Unless the two athletic facilities are funded separately, they are not included in the master plan.

"The issue for will be in reality, Vail was centered downtown, when most of the residents were downtown. You will further argue (subtlely of course), that Vail area is unsafe, and that many students are lost to other schools over such issues." Response: the safety of the "Vail" area has not been cited in recent discussions. NOTHING HAS BEEN PREDECIDED as to location! Granted, the Baltimore Street gang and recent shootings at the social hall on Curtis and First have occurred.

"To counter that, one would logically state with all the grand activity around the downtown area associated with Cincinnati State, that the area will be bolstered by the arrival of a community college. In fact, the location is actually advantageous where Vail is presently, as there are mentor problems to be taken advantage, additional computer resources, and the added emphasis of MUM and Cincinnati State with State being centered within downtown." No response needed.

"Of course, the counter argument as was planned when Phase 2, was before the housing collapse and before the continued dismal performance of the school district. Of course, socio-economic issues effect school performance. But, it is obvious the dynamics in the market have drastically changed since 2003. Furthermore, the east end has not been the grand success as communicated. And I add, the latest CBO numbers reflect an analysis unemployment nationally will actually go above 9% in 2013, and net job creation won't become apparent until at least 2020." Response: I fail to see how the current economic conditions in the nation and locally affect the logic of keeping school buildings up-to-date. I'm not hiding my head in the sand, but these conditions will change in the next decade and beyond. Again, we are looking 7-10 years ahead. Our current woes should not cloud our vision.

"Now, lets evaluate Ohio. The state is losing population and jobs. WPAFB will lose $1 Bb in the military budget cuts and 7,000 employees within 6 years, also out of the CBO. So, you argue or the Committee, that the east end is the high growth area, when in reality, it has not been a success, population in Middletown is going down, not up, the median income is declining dratstically, and thanks to city council and city leadership, there is really no economic development activity since 2004, other than AK pulling in SunCoke, Quaker Chem adding a few jobs, and the Atrium about 1,000 jobs below what their estimates to be 5 years ago. The net effect? Negative, not positive, with the east end." Response: see previous response. Further, I don't understand the persistence on the "East End." Just because the HS and Verity were built when Breiel started the East End is hardly a reason to be opposed to it. Remember, the HS was built just 4 years after MUM---40 years ago, and the Marshall Road additions were built in the late 1950's and early '60's---well before MUM and the HS.

"Yet, the Committee will use three issues to frame the argument to build a new high schooL:

1) The matching funds from the state.
2) The economic and student need to be located to the east end---I add, about 70% of the students living at the Renaissance attend Fenwick, 30% Lebanon, so what's the east end pull for MCSD?
3) Safety and crime downtown, and the belief Vail was built in the 1920 era, and now Middletown is expanded, it needs to be more properly centered to the highway."
Response: #1 is the main driver. If state funds are available, why not include them in the program? Should we build them anyway and raise our local taxes even higher? Response #2: ? Response #3: answered previously.

"In conclusion, the east end development and interstate is a losing argument for building a Phase 2 school. The safety argument is a losing argument for Vail downtown, when Cincinnati State will be filling that area with 5,000 students. If it is safe for them, why then, will it not be safe for Vail students?" Response: answered previously.

"Sports success is not a reason for building a new high school." Response: as stated previously, the placement of sports' facilities will be questioned to a minor degree, as part of the overall plan. To not ask these questions would be negligence on the committee's part.

"Facts today: CI remains in place, and will continue; student population on decline; Ohio decline, and east end explosion is a decade or greater away, if Ohio ever bounces back. Why should it? Michigan isn't. It is also a fact the CBO forecasts show catastrophic economic results for the next 10 years." Response: answered previously; however, you do state that "...east end explosion is a decade or greater away." The purpose of the committee is looking 7-10 years ahead. Perfect timing.... Student population is declining---where do you suggest we house the HS and middle school students that remain?

Nonetheless, at least MCSD is engaging the community to sell the deal, in contrast to the city that just runs tax levies down the residents throats, and for that, the system should be praised.

"It also is disappointing as much has been said about the "new" Middletown "economics", aka, the 54% poverty rate, not one teacher, administrator, nor school board member has been outspoken and condemned the practices within city hall that have caused the change in the student population. How is it more important for the residents to pay for a new school building, when it roads and sewer infrastrure has been in such disrepair." Response: perhaps they, too, have the same frustrations that you do with the city. However, you continue to think that the school district and the city are the same ("How is it more important for the residents to pay for a new school building, when it roads and sewer infrastrure has been in such disrepair."). Financing and building new school buildings has nothing to do with the city's infrastructure.
Even though you and I see the school's situation differently, I would still like to invite you to the meeting at 6:00. If nothing else, you will be able to hear for yourself the proposed options. You may even have some relevent questions. Even if you don't stay with the committee through the entire process, you will at least hear what the discussions focus on. Rick

Rick
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 3:15pm
Why bother.
rshaffer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rshaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 3:52pm
Acclaro: Thank you for your response. This is exactly why the committee is being assembled! The last presentation that was given (several months ago---attended by only 7 or 8) suggested that the Miller Ridge site could be the one selected for the HS! Perhaps the HS remains where it is, and a new middle school is built. Perhaps the middle school (7 & 8) is combined with the HS (9-12). These are all ideas that are being explored....nothing right now is a given. Please attend tonight's meeting. Your thoughts are needed and welcome....Rick
Rick
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 4:21pm
Thank you for the invite I'm honored that you are including me in your post. Out of the crowd that has posted I look at myself as the bottom of the pole, maybe even the bottom of the hole! Being a grad. Of this system and living and trying to make living in this town this is a important subject. I out of all these posters am much more simple minded. Noting some of my latest post they are quite simple with know real "Meat on the bone". Know matter what happens inside these buildings they are aging and must be addressed. For a simple minded taxpayer that does follow basic business practices what is the school systems record of performance and what is the incentive for backing either plan?

Again I understand that nothing last forever but it does get foggy keeping the two worlds ( City business/ school business) apart. One does effect the other IMO but it seems that neither work together. I am tired of the layers it takes to run both. I will end this with two other comments. My wife is not from here and has lived here for 20 years. After just the first year she made it clear that our children would not be going to Middletown schools, for several reasons. One the lack of respect between the teachers and students/parents. The other coming from some teachers themselves and how they viewed the uneducated taxpayer. Now I have my opinions of some teachers also but that's for another time. Lastly I have enough on my plate that showing up tonight will not happen but if you would like to send me a message through this site I will in detail explain how I volunteer in this community.
rshaffer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rshaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 5:17pm
Ground swat: thanks for the great reply. I will send you a message after I return from the meeting. It's great to hear that you are involved in the community---I just happen to be the "volunteer" coordinator for volunteers for MCSD's tutoring program.....Thanks, again! Rick
Rick
rshaffer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rshaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 5:20pm
Spider John: forgot to include you in the original invitation....sorry. Rick
Rick
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 6:21pm
Mr. Shaffer, I too am a 1966 graduate of Midd. High (Vail). I remember what a great education I received from educators like Louise McBain, Barbara Schick, Robert Kleinfelder, Helen Roudabush and others. I also remember the discipline handed out by Dean of Boys, Stan Lewis. Corporal punishment was an effective tool to control the school environment. Now, none of those days remain. It is all milk and cookies, don't yell at the kids, kinder and gentler. This, in turn, has resulted in chaos within the walls of the schools. Students are not intimidated by the weak system in place today. They laugh at it. That is the way it is, but it is not acceptable to me. The lack of control, coupled with the low income induction in the form of Section 8, in today's school environment is in direct relationship to the performance encountered in your schools here in Middletown. You and I went through at the same time. We both know how it was and how it is today. You gotta be as frustrated as I am.

I will repeat my non-support in any fashion, from operational levies to upgrades in school facilities. I cringe when I am forced to pay more taxes earmarked for this school district. I hate to see my money going into a horse that runs in the back of the pack, and has for years. Performance is the number one criteria for any support I wish to lend and that ain't happening.

Mike P.....it's ok to disagree. Most do with what I have to say. I do not expect to win any popularity contests as I play the "grim reaper" in most discussions. Ya gotta have a counter-balance to any discussion on any topic. Perhaps I'm that counter-balance that keeps the scales level. Doesn't matter anymore. Guess I'm the resident SOB in town to some. That's ok too. Hell, if they're hating me, they're leaving someone else alone.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 6:44pm
As Jerry McQuire's client would say, "Show Me The Benefit and Return."

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 7:37pm
Rick,

I would have liked to attend the meeting tonight, but found out about it too late in the day.  My son attends Monroe High School rather than Middletown.  I would be interested in attending future meetings if they are posted on this site with a little notice.

PacmanCool
rshaffer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rshaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 9:12pm
Pacman: next meeting is Wednesday, February 15th, Middletown High School Media Center (off the main lobby) at 6:00. There will be a tour of the building for those who wish, at 5:00. Welcome.....Rick
Rick
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2012 at 9:50pm
So how many attended tonight?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2012 at 6:34am
20 people. $80mill. Middletown needs to come up with half? If we don't the other half is lost, that's the selling point?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic