FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sunset Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 12:13pm
I've thought for a while the rates should be raised.  I am curious about how many people attend.  The pool managers should have records of how many people attend and if the rates are consistent or are dropping off.  I'm also curious if a water park similiar to Splash Moraine could survive in the area.  Or even if we have the acreage to bring it to fruition.  I know the Beach is close by and that would be competition, not to mention Splash Moraine.  Could be used for mulitple things like the Beach as well.  Sledding and ice skatinig in the winter. 
May not be feasible, but just a thought.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2010 at 1:50am
Every time I drove by Sunset (last time it was opened) it was packed.

The problem is the admittance price is way to low.

Go by the splash pad, and watch all the kids and their parents run up and give the ice cream man $5 and $10 dollar bills. 

Germantown pool: Daily rates for ages 2 and younger are free for residents and nonresidents, individuals are $4 for residents and $6 for nonresidents.

Middletown pool: Children - $2.50; Adults - $3.00.

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 9:25pm
Randy, I spent much of my youth there.  Fond memories.  But fewer kids were using it every year, and can we afford it?  Council just talked tonight about deficit spending...where are we going to find the $$??  I actually think some expenses -- like demos -- are in our best financial interest long term. 

And they were talking about only having it open 8 weeks.  That's all? What is it, The Jug?  I would think 3 months would be the goal.

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 9:13pm
Bill, why do you say this would be a waste of time and money? I believe Middletown needs a pool and something needs to be worked out so  we can keep it. Why not spend less money on buying old buildings (to demo or give away) and spend some money on the last pool in this town.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 8:48pm
Waste of time and money.  No amount of donations will keep that pool open even if they pull a rabbit out of the hat and fund it for one year, what then?  It'll close in year two. 
Kids will turnout in ever declining numbers.  The whole thing is a waste of effort.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 6:34pm
I agree Randy! Since the Thatcher Estate is will to work with Cincy State, maybe they could make a donation to repair and open the pool. Instead of the money going to the city, maybe the funds could go to a committee to run the pool and keep the city out of it. Just a thought. I would like to see it open for the kids, I have my own pool but there are many in town that do not and would enjoy it. jmo
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2010 at 6:06pm
I think we as musa readers and bloggers we should find away to keep this pool open
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic