FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown High---Fight Breaks out

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown High---Fight Breaks out
    Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 8:19am
Another lovely day in Middletown.  Between Council and the School we continue to self-destruct.

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 9:41am
Maybe this will get Rasmussen's attention about establishing order and discipline in this district.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 9:58am
Wow--I attended the wonderful Hispanic evening at Wildwood school last night.
Talked to Mr.Newell and Mrs.Alberrico--no mention of anything.
Best Hispanic food that I have ever had, and a happy enjoyable well-attended presentation.
Non-students fighting in the building?
Lax entrance monitors?
Why fight inside the school?
Had nothing to do with school.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 10:12am
Ah, good old Spider always trying to spin it around:

"Debbie Alberico, spokeswoman for Middletown city schools, said the boys involved were students. The juvenile who was charged with criminal trespass had withdrawn from school a few weeks prior to the incident and Alberico said it wasn’t clear if he returned back to the school for the fight or to re-enroll."
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 12:10pm
They were all arguing in "spanish" ?

Come on ! If your going to fight and argue at least do it in english.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 12:35pm
?? wasteful
don't know what I am spinning---I know nothing about the fight
Just saying that it was a wonderful,positive evening at Wildwood school last night

lol

DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE
Don't miss legendary 87yo Doc Watson 2morrow night at Finkleman MUM
Wonderful folk singer/guitar player teamed with virtuosos David Holt and T Micheal Coleman
Quality live music here in Middletown!

No fights or issues--just something cool and positive to raise the level of culture
c u there!
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 1:00pm

Yelling in Spanish ? Hmm could it be that they skipped the ESL program ? I like the way the cop on duty at the High School says it was just a fight could it be that he didn't want to say what it really was ? I wonder if this was gang related and maybe they should check these kids immigration status.

Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 2:24pm
The word at the school was 2 gangs were fighting.  I think the Journal and Ms Alberico are sugar-coating the incident. 

Remember the good ole days of swats in school.  It should be brought back, maybe some of the kids would not be in as much trouble today if they had some real discipline when they were younger. 
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 3:16pm
La Nuestra Familia....real nice Mexican gang,family oriented,community volunteers,helps little old ladies crossing the street,kind of like boy scouts but minus merit badges.

No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 3:19pm
For all the criticism of the school's performance, I feel some empathy for the administrators and teachers.  It's hard to get kids to learn if you're dealing with issues involving gangs, kids with bad home lives, absent or criminal parents, etc.  Many of these kids can't be disciplined anyway --  they know the court system and that there are no real repercussions.  It only takes about 5 in a classroom to ruin everything. 
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 3:19pm
The School sugar coats everything, like we are all a bunch of two years olds in this town.  They are the ones that don't want to face the facts and the truth. 
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by wasteful wasteful wrote:

The School sugar coats everything, like we are all a bunch of two years olds in this town.  They are the ones that don't want to face the facts and the truth. 
It sounds like some of the PRICE culture still exists! Particularly with Alberico. Unhappy
middletownlost View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownlost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2010 at 10:21pm

It got worse but wasnt reported apparently. My sister in law said the following day there were 4-5 more arrest, but she wasnt sure if they were related to this incident. 13 arrests in two days at a high school? What is this, Detroit?

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 7:25am
Originally posted by middletownlost middletownlost wrote:

It got worse but wasnt reported apparently. My sister in law said the following day there were 4-5 more arrest, but she wasnt sure if they were related to this incident. 13 arrests in two days at a high school? What is this, Detroit?

Id say Mexico would be more like it.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownlost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 7:49am
I dont understand why anyone would want their kids to go to Middletown. I always hear "tradition" and "once a middie always a middie". But I went there, played ball, had a good high school time and I wouldnt send my kids there now. One of the worst academic schools in SW Ohio and the lack of discipline and safety for students blows my mind. It was a lot different in the early 80's thats for sure.

How did the non student get into the buidling? thats the question the teachers are all asking. They supposedely put in some safe guard to where you have to in one door only to get in, and then sign in there and state your business. Apparently that has failed also.

Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 7:57am
talked to a co-worker with a daughter in the building.
She told him that "A bunch of Mexicans and blacks started fighting in the morning--we just went into the classroom away from it all-nbd".

I have walked into the building many times with no issues or security, but then I know a lot of people there, am old and no threat(at least imo-lol)
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 8:25am
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

talked to a co-worker with a daughter in the building.
She told him that "A bunch of Mexicans and blacks started fighting in the morning--we just went into the classroom away from it all-nbd".

I have walked into the building many times with no issues or security, but then I know a lot of people there, am old and no threat(at least imo-lol)
Therein lies a majority of the problem in Middletown, APATHY and it's "NBD".
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 9:11am
This is the reason my daughter will not be going to Middletown schools, too much of this stuff going on.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 1:13pm
OMG! Lets dont blow this out of proportion. It was a group of Dominicans and Hispanics fighting over a girl!! But Im sure many of you old timers never saw a fight a MHS in the glory days!! And no one agured over some tail! You guys must have been before my time and Spiders time because we saw plenty!!! Kids fight. the school does not sugar coat it, you all blow it up as a major riot. There are many good things going on at the High School and many talented kids.
Randy, I hope you find that perfect where kids never argue and never fight. This is life. My daughter has attebed MHS for 4 years and has enjoyed every minute, and never once have I been afraid to walk in that building.
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 16 2010 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by Smartman Smartman wrote:

OMG! Lets dont blow this out of proportion. It was a group of Dominicans and Hispanics fighting over a girl!! But Im sure many of you old timers never saw a fight a MHS in the glory days!! And no one agured over some tail! You guys must have been before my time and Spiders time because we saw plenty!!! Kids fight. the school does not sugar coat it, you all blow it up as a major riot. There are many good things going on at the High School and many talented kids.
Randy, I hope you find that perfect where kids never argue and never fight. This is life. My daughter has attebed MHS for 4 years and has enjoyed every minute, and never once have I been afraid to walk in that building.
When I was in High school back in the sixties fights were usually a one on one situation and if it was athletes then the coach would make them fight with boxing gloves on.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownlost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2010 at 7:23am
Originally posted by Smartman Smartman wrote:

With all due respect Smartman, if thats the case, then why did the police have additinal officers at the high school the following day and then have a group of officers on standby for the hispanic festival at Wildwood? I think some officials were absolutely sugar coating the whole incident.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2010 at 8:09am
Originally posted by tomahawk35 tomahawk35 wrote:

When I was in High school back in the sixties fights were usually a one on one situation and if it was athletes then the coach would make them fight with boxing gloves on.

I have to agree with you tomahawk.  In the early '70's when there was a fight it was usually a one on one and not in the school.  Also students still had respect for the Teachers and Admin and discipline was in full swing, including the paddle.  We did not have Police Officers or Security guards in the schools they were not needed.  Times They have changed and the raising of children to respect others has changed.  
TANGO View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2010 at 9:09am
Smartman - Yes  other schools have fights, but 9 arrested . I think this may be more than just afight. Since when does a high school student not speak  english.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2010 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by TANGO TANGO wrote:

Smartman - Yes  other schools have fights, but 9 arrested . I think this may be more than just afight. Since when does a high school student not speak  english.
Since our corrupt politicians stopped enforcing our immigration laws.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2010 at 1:59pm
I've heard the most shocking, bizarre stories about occurrences at Middletown High School.

It's no place for children.... Wacko
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic