FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Consoc on the way out?????

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Consoc on the way out?????
    Posted: Sep 17 2010 at 2:58pm

Back when the decision to keep Consoc was made many of us here were against it, as were many at City Hall. 

The question is why does Council get it wrong so many times, when the average citizen with few to no resources can get it right?

Now we have to go through more wasted time and money.

City moves to terminate contract with Section 8 administrator

By Jessica Heffner, Staff Writer
1:41 PM Friday, September 17, 2010

MIDDLETOWN — The city could be shopping for a new administrator for its Section 8 program as council will consider a resolution to terminate its contract with Consoc Housing Consultants at its housing meeting Tuesday, Sept. 21.

Mayor Larry Mulligan said Consoc, the Columbus-based company that has been the administrator of the city’s Section 8 program since 1996, was notified in April that there were several deficiencies related to their operation of the program. While some progress was made initially, he said he believes some of the problems have not been addressed.

City Manager Judy Gilleland and Community Revitalization Director Doug Adkins are expected to give a report on those deficiencies at the housing authority meeting at 5:30 p.m. in council chambers, One Donham Plaza.

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2010 at 3:12pm
Something stinks about all of this. Consoc has been in charge for over 10 years and it has taken the city this long to see problems ? I'm not buying it. Everyone knows that Gilleland & Adkins are not that stupid,I hate to give them any kind of credit but I think they have some idea of how to do their jobs. Does anyone really believe that the city turned us into this section 8 utopia by accident ?

I get the feeling that city hall knows the heat is on and it's time to white wash everything and look innocent.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2010 at 3:25pm
You are correct Hermes, the heat is on and people are trying to get far away from this mess and fast.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2010 at 3:25pm
Gilleland and Adkins have not been here for most of those years with CONSOC.  I believe the last time CONSOC's contract expired it took almost 2-3 years for Council to rehire them they just kept extending the contract.

When Adkins took over he made changes which I don't think CONSOC was happy with and that was their down fall.  CONSOC got to comfortable and use to doing things their way.  Just my opinion.

If you remember correctly it was Gilleland's and the Cities paid Consultant's recommendation that the program be transferred to Butler County several years ago.  But you can thank Schiavone, Becker, Ford, Mulligan, Armbruster and Marconi for most of this mess. 
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2010 at 6:12pm

MIDDLETOWN, OHIO May 5, 2009

Ord. No. O2009-34 Ordinance No. O2009-34, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing CONSOC a contract with CONSOC Housing Consultants for the purpose of administering the Housing Choice Voucher Program was presented for second reading and action.
Ms. Gilleland explained she was pleased that contract negotiations are completed.

The parties came to a fair agreement. It took a lot of work to get to this point.

CONSOC will receive 78% of the fee. The City will have an enhanced housing quality inspection program with enhanced criminal background checks, regular reporting, monthly meetings and regular discussions. HUD reminded her that she is the director. They will have enhanced staff management of the program. Staff is currently revising policies in the administrative plan. The contract is for a three-year term and she recommended for approval.

Ms. Scott Jones stated she is going to vote no and wanted to explain. During the hearings she voted no and will be consistent. She commended CONSOC for honoring the contract negotiations.

Mr. Marconi moved for the adoption of Ordinance O2009-34. Ms. Scott Jones seconded and the motion carried. Ayes: Armbruster, Becker, Ford, Marconi, Mulligan and Schiavone. Nays: Scott Jones

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic