FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown South

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 9:51am
This must be the "scenic downtown".LOL

randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 7:42am
I live in the area, not on South Main but close enough and it is not as bad as many would have you believe. Are the houses worth the price probable not. Is it an area that needs some good people in it...yea it is. Too listen to everyone else it's the worst part of town. This is not the case at all. I do agree that in order to shop you'll need to go across town or even to Trenton. I do hope you decide to move to town, and the South Main area is just s nice as any other part of town.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 6:55am
Spider what do you mean no shopping or dining in the area.  Didn't you read the Sibcy Cline Propaganda on this joint and I quote:

"Shopping
Historic South Main Street offers eclectic shopping opportunities in a scenic downtown. 63 stores and eateries fill the popular Towne Mall located at St. Rt. 122 and Cincinnati Dayton Rd. Numerous strip malls, both chains and fast food restaurants line the highway access to the downtown. Local merchants fill the needs of residents with convenient shopping in many neighborhoods. For the bargain enthusiast, Cincinnati Premium Outlet, with over 100 stores, is a short drive away."LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 6:43am
JMO- you don't want to go down too far toward Barnitz Stadium. The further south you go on S. Main, the more "questionable" it becomes as to value. Need to stay up toward the "Sorg Mansion"/Old South Park end of the street. Again, JMO.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2009 at 6:39am
beautiful home
the price is only the beginning
heating that place has to be rough--steam heat still!
but if you have a couple hundred thou to renovate-and don't operate retail instead work in a profession that doesn't need local customers..............
would love to have a new quality family in town
nothing is happening in that area
poor schools no shopping or dining of any type near by
hope house just down the street-big negative
good library is the only +
many other GREAT values on newer classics in town
your choice
good luck!
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2009 at 10:38pm

I really like the houses on the south main area but as far as living there Im just not sure as I have never lived there.If you want an older house to restore etc... You could try the newly created historical district (the one around the old hospital) its a much "nicer" area in my opinion.The houses on south main are not worth 285,000 like the one listed in the above post.No way no how.But then again its just my opinion.

Kujani1840 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kujani1840 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2009 at 10:05pm
     Ok, I'm not looking for a realtor to find me a home. Obviously, I'm already looking at houses in the area or I wouldn't have posted this. I'm just looking for some opinions from residents, not suggestions for houses. Thanks.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2009 at 9:19pm
http://www.sibcycline.com/viewlisting.asp?mls=1158910&b=CIN&p=RESI&s=SFRD&m=1&sender=SearchResults&a=502-S-Main-St-Middletown-South-OH-45044
Kujani1840 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kujani1840 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 27 2009 at 7:18pm
What are your views on South Main Street? My wife and I are originally from Hamilton and Fairfield and we now reside in Georgia. We are looking to move back. We love the houses in the Middletown South area but we hear many conflicting opinions from friends and family. Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic