FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown Public Notice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown Public Notice
    Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 12:16pm
OK Mr. Adkins. I took your survey. Wonder what the area code or age had to do with the responses? Added my comments at the end of the survey. My "check marks" reflected a high priority for infrastructure, road repair and helping bring more jobs to town. Low priorities on the social services choices and supporting your welfare programs. Now, please respond to some of the questions posed on this site. We are interested in your answers. Thank you in advance for responding.
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 10:30am
Quote from Randy Lewis - "So I would like to thank Mr. Adkins for being easy to reach, and I would like to ask him to stick around on the site and clear up any misinformation that he see's."

Mr. Adkins, Mr. Lewis, Etc. -

As I've stated previously, I challenge Mr. Adkins or anyone else to refute any of my posts regarding mismanagement and waste of HUD funds with FACTUAL INFORMATION.

'The ball is in your court' to quote an earlier comment from Mr. Adkins!
Nelson Self
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 9:52am
Mr. Adkins- I appreciate the fact that you communicated with us concerning the low income subject. As Randy has said, you have been upfront with us with the information you have provided. Now, please be upfront about this next question and provide me (us) with an answer to a question that has us totally baffled.

Other than receiving federal money for the HUD/ Section 8/ low income programs for revenue for this town, what is the reason for the apparent infatuation with saturating Middletown with these programs? Why would the city leaders bring so much poverty to town and take what was once a prospering middle-class working town and make it a poverty-strickened slum? We citizens don't want this in our town.We have made that abundantly clear. How is this good for this town? Please explain without evading the question by talking around it? Let's get this out in the open and tell it the way it is for a change.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 9:35am
Can't thank you enough for the valid interaction and information, Mr.Adkins.
I was very skeptical ans negative about your moving into your current position, however I now think that it was possibly the best departmental switch possible. You seem to be handling tremendous and varied responsibilities honestly,transparently and how the HUD,CDBG Section 8 situations should have been approached long ago.

As the public shifts from trusting organized affiliated news media(print and television) towards reliable internet bloggers and sites, your efforts are ground-breaking and in the new direction of communication. It is also fostering familiarity and humanization among all of us, hopefully breaking down our barriers of mistrust.

I hope you stay on to continue the major policy/procedural shifts within your program directions. However if you decide to move on, I can't fault you and must thank you for taking us in the sensible and proper direction.

MUSA has truly moved towards the front of local news and opinion in absence of the MJ direction and no other local media outlets and coverage. Thanks again to Mr.B and his staff for hanging with the blogging community for such a long time during probable pressures to tone or shut down the true voice of the people.

The reward for everyone should be just down the road.
Doug Adkins View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Adkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 9:19am

This is your opportunity to address and express your opinions on all of those questions. Take the survey and submit your full opinion in writing and it will be included in the development of the plan.  We're obligated to include all comments received.  A lot of people complain on this site.  This is their opportunity to explain, in detail,  what they think is wrong and what they would like to see change and in what manner.

As to why this survey addresses low income residents, the answer is because this is a plan for HUD funds, which, by definition, are designed to help low to moderate income residents.  Likewise, this plan should be constructed in a way that fits into other objectives and priorities of the City to form a workable plan for revitalization of the City as a whole.

If you want changes in policy and priorities, say so... and please do it in such a manner that it gets included in the plan and not just posted here. Take advantage of this opportunity. 
Doug Adkins
Community Revitalization Director
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 8:29am
Oh and one last question Mr. Adkins, word on the street is you are outta here come the first few weeks of November, new job I hear, any truth to that rumor?
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Doug Adkins Doug Adkins wrote:

I sent the ad to Randy before it published to make sure that all Middletonians had every opportunity to glimpse and participate in what is really happening at One Donham Plaza. 
Mr. Adkins did indeed email me this information yesterday morning and asked me to post so everyone knew what was happening. And to Mr. Adkins credit, he has as far as I know always been up front with me about what is going with his department. I emailed Mr. Adkins months ago before he knew who I was and asked him a few a questions about a house on Moore Street and he responded within a few minutes. That is more than I can say for some people I have emailed.

So I would like to thank Mr. Adkins for being easy to reach, and I would like to ask him to stick around on the site and clear up any misinformation that he see's.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 8:26am
Thank you Mr. Adkins.  Couple of Questions.

The first 11 parts of the question on the first page of the survey all deal with Low Income residents in some form. 

The question is how much low income housing can you put into a City before you totally kill it?

Kill it from lack of Tax Revenue. 

Kill it socio-economically.

Kill it from a retail/service business point of view.

Kill it's educational system totally.

Kill it's viability to develop economically.

Kill it from a safety point of view.

Kill it's viability as a City at all and destroy it totally.
Doug Adkins View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Adkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2009 at 8:13am
Randy would have had trouble scrutinizing this micro print in the Legal Notices.... it hasn't been published yet.  It will be in the Journal over the next two weeks.  I sent the ad to Randy before it published to make sure that all Middletonians had every opportunity to glimpse and participate in what is really happening at One Donham Plaza. 
Doug Adkins
Community Revitalization Director
Nelson R. Self View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson R. Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 11:34am
Thanks to Randy Lewis and Suzanne Hayes for your daily scrutiny of Legal Notices that are published in the Middletown Journal.

Being made aware of these micro print notices is the only way for Middletonians to gain a glimpse of what is really happening behind closed doors at One Donham Plaza.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2009 at 10:40am
How would you spend $3.4 million dollars in your community?

The City of Middletown, Ohio is receiving comments regarding housing and community development needs within the City’s boundaries.  The City anticipates receiving an estimated $685,000 in FY 2010 CDBG funds from the Department of Housing and Urban Development.  Over a period of five years, those total grant funds are expected to be in excess of $3.4 million.  Citizens are asked to express their views on the allocation of these funds. 

Read the full story here City Of Middletown, Ohio Public Notice
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic