FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Those manhole covers and Courtis Fuller News 5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

Did you mention anything positive about the city?

Yeah, did you mention the MidFirst Ohio Balloon Challenge that's happening next weekend?

jeez, get a grip man! You get a chance to actually be a positive note in this town and you mention all of that?

Talk about dirty laundry......you don't think they know about this stuff already? Everytime Middletown is on the news, it's a murder, or AK, or blah blah blah blah.
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 10:20pm
VietVet, Good job and hopefully they will follow up on this story. It might help if we all contacted this newsman to touch base on following up with this info.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 10:12pm
The news report said about 40 manhole covers have been stolen and the replacement cost is $150 while the thieves only get $10 for them. I bet the city isn't smart enough to go to where ever they sold them and get them back,the city will probably buy new ones for $500 a piece and then offer that as an incentive to draw business.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 8:27pm
Did you mention anything positive about the city?
Smokey Burgess View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey Burgess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 8:20pm
God Bless you, your dear wife and extended familyViet Vet.ClapClap   So many times I have gotten discouraged when it seemed that the waste and mismanagement of HUD funds by the occupants of One Donham Plaza would go unnoticed.CryCry  Thank you so very much for spreading the truth about our sorry state of affairs here!StarStar
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 8:01pm
Wife and I were at Krogers this afternoon. Looked over at the old Dillards parking lot at Towne Mall and there was the Channel 5 news truck with Courtis Fuller doing a story on the stolen manhole covers around Middletown. After shopping for supper items, the wife and I drove over and introduced ourselves to Mr. Fuller. After he told us he was doing the story on the manhole covers, I told him they were "small potatoes" compared to the more important stories going on here in town. I told him what the city would be telling him about this town,then directed him to this site- Middletown USA.com- and asked him to read our posts to get the truth and the dirt about this city's leadership. I will keep E-Mailing him to remind him that there are so many newsworthy stories in this town, he could make a career on this subject matter. He asked, while pointing to an empty Dillard's store- " what's this all about". I told him he hasn't even begun to see all the crap that is occuring in this town as to the leaders, funny money, cronyism, business unfriendliness, poor schools, HUD, Section 8 overabundance, etc. Hopefully, Channel 5 will respond with an indepth story on the perils of Middletown and run several stories over time. Perhaps we could get Channel 9 and 12 involved also. Why not Channel 2 and 7 in Dayton while we're at it. Anything to give these 's a black eye.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic