Print Page | Close Window

BC Exec Salaries

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Outside World
Forum Name: News, Info and Happenings outside Middletown
Forum Description: It might be happening outside Middletown, but it affects us here at home.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6010
Printed Date: Apr 23 2024 at 10:02am

Topic: BC Exec Salaries
Posted By: 409
Subject: BC Exec Salaries
Date Posted: Feb 23 2015 at 11:31am

-------------
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

Replies:
Posted By: 409
Date Posted: Feb 23 2015 at 11:35am
Excerpt from MJ:
In the county’s second-largest city with 48,630 people, Middletown City Manager Doug Adkins is the second-lowest paid executive at $115,000. He took the helm last summer, and his salary will get a $10,000 boost on his anniversary, but he won’t rise in the county-wide pay ranks.

Mayor Larry Mulligan said Adkins’ salary isn’t necessarily reflective of the job he is doing, rather it is purely a function of finances. He said none of the city’s employees have received raises in recent years.

Mulligan said he figures Adkins could probably make a lot more money in the private sector.

“I’d say we’re getting a lot of value for what we’re paying Doug,” Mulligan said. “He could probably go anywhere, but like a lot of city employees they’re passionate about what their doing; they enjoy their work, so it goes beyond what you get in a paycheck.”

-------------
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Feb 23 2015 at 11:48am
“I’d say we’re getting a lot of value for what we’re paying Doug,” Mulligan said. “He could probably go anywhere, but like a lot of city employees they’re passionate about what their doing; they enjoy their work, so it goes beyond what you get in a paycheck.”

Mercy Mulligan, you, your buddies and Adkins have done more damage to this city than you could possibly know.

-------------
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.

Print Page | Close Window