Print Page | Close Window

School Board Member Selection

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Schools
Forum Name: Other School Issues
Forum Description: Discuss other issues such as school security, student activities, etc.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5167
Printed Date: May 10 2024 at 12:42am

Topic: School Board Member Selection
Posted By: VietVet
Subject: School Board Member Selection
Date Posted: Apr 08 2013 at 2:20pm
Journal....

School board member excited to help Middletown rise

MIDDLETOWN —
The newest Middletown school board member said she’s grateful for the opportunity to serve the district of 6,200 students.

Christi Delloma was selected Thursday to fill a vacancy left by Chris Fiora, who was required by law to resign in late March after he moved from Middletown to West Chester Twp.

Marcia Andrew, board president, said Delloma was one of seven people who expressed interest in the position. Board members interviewed four candidates last week before selecting Delloma

SEVEN PEOPLE-ONLY FOUR INTERVIEWED? WHY? HOW DO YOU KNOW THE OTHER THREE DIDN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO OFFER? SOUNDS LIKE "PRE-PROFILING" TO ME. HAVE IT IN YOUR MIND WHAT YOU WANT AND ONLY LOOK AT THOSE WHO POSSESS THOSE TRAITS. NO ONE UNUSUAL OR DIFFERENT CONSIDERED?

Andrew said it was a difficult choice because the board interviewed several qualified applicants. The other interviewed candidates were Todd Moore, Laura Stephens and Austin Young, the current non-voting student representative

OK, THAT ACCOUNTS FOR DELLOMA AND THREE OTHERS, ALTHOUGH WE STILL DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MOORE, STEPHENS AND YOUNG. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER THREE CANDIDATES AND A LITTLE INFORMATION ABOUT EACH ONE OF THE OTHER SIX AS TO QUALIFICATIONS? HOW ARE THE PEOPLE SUPPOSE TO KNOW IF THE SCHOOL BOARD MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE? KINDA GLOSSED OVER WASN'T IT?

-------------
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.

Print Page | Close Window