Print Page | Close Window

New Schools

Printed From: MiddletownUSA.com
Category: Middletown City Schools
Forum Name: Other School Issues
Forum Description: Discuss other issues such as school security, student activities, etc.
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=508
Printed Date: May 16 2024 at 10:32pm

Topic: New Schools
Posted By: VietVet
Subject: New Schools
Date Posted: Aug 11 2008 at 7:04am
Journal story- Monday Aug 11- Jim Thomas - Wildwood principal quote-"I think it represents a promise to the community and students,that they will get the best education possible". " It's the right environment" Well, well, Mr. Thomas- we'll be watching and waiting for those proficiency scores to take an abrupt jump upward, since you, Price and the rest of the educators seem to believe that the newer, more technically advanced classrooms will do the trick to advance our sub-par performance on testing. I sincerely hope you are correct. In reality, I will predict, based on past "improvements" attempted by this district, that the new schools will not make any significant progress in the next five years in these new buildings.If you keep executing the same failed game plan(curriculum/teaching methods/admin.non-support) on the field, it really doesn't matter where you play the game.( old school/new school) After the new school idea hasn't worked to improve the system, what would your next suggestion be?

Print Page | Close Window