Forum Name: College Sports
Forum Description: Discuss the Ohio State Buckeyes
URL: http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2482
Printed Date: Apr 27 2024 at 1:25pm

Topic: UC's Performance
Posted By: VietVet
Subject: UC's Performance
Date Posted: Jan 02 2010 at 8:56am
It doesn't appear that UC was ready for prime time last night. Florida, for the most part, used them for scrimmage practice. UC looked like a high school team going against a pro team.(excluding the Bengals, randy and Hermes). I can remember hearing from the UC fans on the many blogs about UC being the best team in Ohio. Looks like their Big East schedule wasn't tough enough to prepare them for the Florida onslaught. I don't like Urban Meyer- seems too cocky. Not a Tebow fan either, but the road to success passes through the Floridas, Texas's and Alabama's of football. Perhaps UC should have played Oregon and OSU might have given Florida more competition, although OSU would have taken a loss too, IMO. Good game from OSU yesterday. "Iffy" at times. Why does Tressel's offensive playcalling always scare the he-- out of me during the games, yet, OSU usually wins???? The man always seems way too conservative and needs to open it up a little like the SEC does. Still, can't argue with his success so far, can we?

Replies:
Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Jan 02 2010 at 3:02pm
Vet - Didn't Randy tell you ? MUSA put a ban on any and all negative comments concerning the Bengals. Five negative comments and your car gets painted orange with black stripes. Approve

I knew UC wouldn't perform,they just lost to put a blemish on Brian Kelly's record. LOL They didn't want Kelly to look to good when he walked away. LOL 

-------------
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!

Posted By: VietVet
Date Posted: Jan 02 2010 at 4:20pm
Now Hermes- is that 5 TOTAL negative Bengals comments or can I make 4 negatives, one positive and the count starts all over again?    Haven't seen such a one-sided game in some time. Mercy, did Florida dominate! I'm getting close to being OD'd on the bowl games after this weekend, I've watched so many of them. How about that Northwestern/LSU game ending???? Glad to see Bobby Bowden go out on a winning note. Always liked him. Seemed like the nice old "grandpa type". Gonna miss seeing him on the FSU sidelines. Same with Joe Paterno when he retires at PSU.

Posted By: Hermes
Date Posted: Jan 02 2010 at 6:11pm
Vet - Bowden & Paterno are going to be consultants for the Bengals next year. LOL

I didn't get to see the NW/LSU game but heard plenty though. Wish I could have seen that one.

You'll have to talk to Randy about the 5 rule. I think Marvin Lewis had a hand in that ruling. LOL

-------------
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!

Print Page | Close Window