FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WATER RATES

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WATER RATES
    Posted: Jan 01 2016 at 8:59pm
So did anyone else's water bills go up like $30.00 in one month? 
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2016 at 4:56pm
It's a new hidden tax from your friends, the Mulligans!!!

And now Joe Mulligan wants you to send him to the statehouse so he can do to the entire state what he has done to Middletown.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 02 2016 at 6:28pm
Not my Friends and did everyone get that 30.00 attached to their Water Bill for one month?  Not my water bill but my mother in law is 85 years old and for the past 2 years her water bill is always like 42 or 43 dollars which I think was really high for her since she does not do laundry or run a dishwasher. then she gets a bill yesterday that is 78.00????  WTF Middletown is she paying the taxes for everyone on her street?

Will be raising hell about this Monday Morning for sure..

spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2016 at 8:12am
been small increases for a while
I consider it an un-mandated tax increase also

Can anyone explain the on-going construction process on Central Ave between Sutphin and Shafor?
Seems they keep re-visiting the same spots for months with road closures, while no attempt to ever pave the street. Obviously sewer work?
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2016 at 11:40am
Need to apply for senior discount for her water bill.
You will need to provide proof of age and income at water department
Hope this helps 
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2016 at 11:49am
Thanks for the info.. I did see this on the website. I am just concerned at how many people elderly or not are gonna get that big of a bill and not think anything about it. Taking advantage if you ask me.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2016 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

Need to apply for senior discount for her water bill.
You will need to provide proof of age and income at water department
Hope this helps 

I checked this out Vivian. Your info is correct. I thought perhaps with my wife on disability and both of us over the age of 65, we could get some sort of senior's/disability-disabled discount on the old water bill.

Wrong. Need to have an income at the poverty level to qualify. I like how they offer these little "seniors" discounts, then make it so specific as to qualifying for the program, very few benefit by it.

Anyone know if they still offer a separate meter for the outdoor faucets anymore? Saves money on watering the lawn as you only pay for the water and not the dam high priced sewer charge per gallon.   
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2016 at 4:06pm
So what is the income you can have to qualify
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2016 at 6:00pm
You will need to call water department on Monday to find the income requirements for the discount
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2016 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by da120757 da120757 wrote:

So what is the income you can have to qualify

I believe the household income for the year can't be more than 25 grand per year.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2016 at 8:46pm
thanks I am sure she does not make that.  Thanks for the info...

da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2016 at 4:28pm
Well Called the Water Department this morning and was told that the increase came over a two day period and was possibly a leak or a running toilet..  Not sure how it was fixed since I did not see this happening there.  So they are sending me a report but still not sure what that will tell me SMDH!!

Oh and the Senior discount thing has to go through the Middletown Senior Center just in case someone wants to try it.

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2016 at 5:31pm
da120757...go to the city website and click on "pay my water bill". You will need the account number. You should be able to look at daily usage, readings, averages, history, etc. Hope this helps.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 05 2016 at 9:04pm
thanks 409 it did show a spike in the water usage for just two days.  she cannot remember if the toilet was running for that long or not so we will just go with that was the problem.  CRAZY!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic