Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Proposed School Funding

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Proposed School Funding
    Posted: Feb 06 2015 at 9:36am
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2015 at 10:52am
More funding is great.  Now can we cut to the chase and use that money to relocate the hundreds of households that contribute to the district's troubles?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2015 at 11:31am
If Kasich's plan goes through, and the Middletown schools do receive more money in the coming years, do we get a refund on our property taxes to compensate for this extra, unexpected increase in funds to the district?

It is a 21% increase according to the chart. How about a 21% decrease on our tax contribution to the Middletown district on the property tax. Otherwise, it is more state taxpayer funding to the district that was not decided on through voting.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2015 at 9:04pm
Vet, you should already know the answer to that question. No governmental organization is going to give back tax money whether voted on or not. It's where they come up with those new programs that I know you like so much!!! I'd like to think that it will increase the efficiency of the school district. One can hope! Smile
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2015 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by TonyB TonyB wrote:

Vet, you should already know the answer to that question. No governmental organization is going to give back tax money whether voted on or not. It's where they come up with those new programs that I know you like so much!!! I'd like to think that it will increase the efficiency of the school district. One can hope! Smile

Yes, I was being very "tongue in cheek" in my hope for a refund.

TonyB:

"I'd like to think that it will increase the efficiency of the school district. One can hope!"

IMO, no amount of money will help increase the efficiency of this district. The additional 21% will not have any effect. We have mountains of evidence that tells us that continuous levy money, new schools, intense test preparation for the state tests, announced new "innovative" programs, changes in superintendents, the revolving door, new hire teachers every year caused by the internal strife between teachers and super, new school board members with the same old ideas,etc. hasn't helped this district advance any further than continuous improvement nor 6 of 24 indicators to date and all the flowery talk from the school board and super from time to time can't mask the real failures here. They need not waste their time trying to BS the public. I lost hope back in the 70's and 80's when the district started going down the toilet.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic