Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 25, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Luxury Apartment Community

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Luxury Apartment Community
    Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 12:59pm
From MJ:
Luxury apartment community planned in Middletown
By Ed Richter

Staff Writer
MIDDLETOWN —
A Kentucky developer could start construction as early as the spring to develop Nicholas Place, a $20 million, 216-unit apartment community on South Towne Boulevard.

Middletown Planning Commission on Wednesday approved the preliminary site plan. A public hearing before City Council has been set for Feb. 17.

The land was previously approved several years ago for a similar sized apartment community.

If approvals are granted, the company said it plans to close on the land purchase and break ground as early as this spring, with the first apartments ready for occupancy in 2016.

The Middletown site has 22.4 acres and will have nine buildings with 24 units, each of two- and three-bedroom apartments. The average unit will have 1,145 square feet of floor space and 95 percent will have brick exteriors.

“We’re a builder of luxury apartment communities with all of the amenities,” said Tonya Burns of Fred Burns Builder Development Team. “We are the owner and we provide the on-site management. We’re not an absentee owner and that’s good for the city. We take pride in what we do.”

The community would include amenities such as a pool, clubhouse/fitness room, playground, garage spaces, community garden and basketball court.

Burns said she found the site by chance as the company had searched the internet for possible locations in southwest Ohio. After driving around, Burns said they came across the Middletown property and called the broker.

“We’re excited about this,” Burns said. “It’s our first project in Ohio.”

The family-owned company has developed a number of properties of this size and just completed a similar sized luxury apartment community in LaGrange, Ky., just outside of Louisville.

She said the company currently owns in excess of 1,200 units in seven properties in Kentucky, including four apartment properties in Northern Kentucky communities of Florence, Independence and Burlington.
Every morning is the dawn of a new error...
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 1:52pm
This seems like a better design concept than the last one that was presented to the planning committee and the kiddies would go to the Lebanon School system.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 2:21pm
Ok, they are calling these luxury apartments with 9 buildings and 24 units per building. Only 1145 sq ft and kinda small. No mention of rent price. That would tell us what clientele they are shooting for.

This site is just down the hill from the Robin Springs Apartments. Robin Springs started out as upscale/luxury years ago. They have now turned into Section 8 HUD low income.

Think this new complex will do the same in 5-10 years? What happens if the new developers don't fill the complex with upscale renters and want to unload this in a couple of years? Will they turn into just an extension of Robin Springs? Time will tell.

Just wondering where all the renters will come from that could afford a luxury apartment and would they locate here knowing the reputation Middletown has? Real upscale communities like Springboro, Mason and West Chester are nearby. Think they would go there instead?

Alot of questions.

I hope they attract upscale people. Middletown certainly needs all that are available. We shall see.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 2:41pm
Vet
Why would you build LUXURY APARTMENTS right next to I-75 in a commercial area next to Walmart's?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

Vet
Why would you build LUXURY APARTMENTS right next to I-75 in a commercial area next to Walmart's?

I can see building next to I-75 as to ease of entering/exiting Middletown to go to that higher paying job/amenities in Dayton or Cincy. Centrally located in the Miami Valley. Certainly no jobs nor amenities in Middletown to attract the higher end wage earner professionals.

I still can't link the luxury concept location across the street from Wal-Mart as luxury and Wal-Mart are at polar opposites of the spectrum. In that respect, the location can't be too impressive to most potential renters.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 4:32pm

Providence Hill Apartments by Fred Burns and Associates
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 6:10pm
Thanks John
Those are really nice looking all brick buildings.
This is a Good Thing.
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 9:11pm
Yet more good news for the city!!Clap And yet again we have the usual suspects on here once again moaning and groaning.Unhappy Development  companies don't just throw a dart at a map on the wall gentlemen. They invest money(their own) and  do extensive research before they make a purchase like this.  I think this is wonderful news although I don't know how luxurious these apartments are. Good news none the less!! Anyone heard anymore about the Bw3's coming?Mattress store is showing progress as well as Burlington store. Exciting times!!!
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 9:46pm
Mom, what a hoot you are!

Luxury apartments? Funny. Middletown has enormous overcapacity in rental stock.

If anyone wants to straddle Dayton and Middletown, hit Austin Reed apartments in Springboro, or many in Mason and West Chester.

Here's reality. City working to develop these to move section 8 out of downtown and cluster it out by the interstate and Walmart.

For anyone who states its a gold mine when BW3 comes to town and a mattress shop, your bar is set so low, its not even worth a response, other than you must get chills when a Walmart or Sam's Club is opened.

Good news. A second Goodwill is being evaluated on west end. BTW, there was a BW3 by K Mart. My, another may drift in.
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 10:00pm
Poor acclaro, your constant negativity ..... I never said it was a gold mine. I merely stated that new businesses coming to the area is a good thing. Again you prove my point about nothing ever being good enough for you people. As Doug Adkins once told me, he could give each and everyone of you a million dollars and you would all be up in arms screaming  "where did you find that? "  BW3's is exactly the kind of eatery that vet says this town needs. With the current buying power in Middletown what do you want? Ruth's Criss? Maybe we should ask Jeff Ruby to open a restaurant here for you acclaro?My opinion is again, no matter what, you and the others will find a way to denigrate it. 
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 10:21pm
HUH?!!?!

If Adkins, or anyone else, would give me a million dollars they better not be standing between me and the on ramp to I-75 southbound when they hand it over!!! I'll never say another word, good or bad, about this city. I won't say anything but "Good-bye!"

(I'll arrange for sale of our house, including furnishings, once I get to Florida.)

Don't believe me??? Try it!!!
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2015 at 10:22pm
Mom, only a fool would be indicating Middletown is doing good things and that a reasonable minded and clearly thinking individual would not be outraged by the waste, mismanagement, and ineptness associated with the 40 years of failed leadership and frankly, corrupted dealings.

On the contrary, I am a realist., a harbinger.

False cheerleaders getting paid directly or indirectly by the city doesn't make a bad situation better. Akin to failing a standardized test for the tenth time, but saying practice is beneficial and one day, there is a chance to pass maybe on testing for the 100th time.     
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2015 at 6:31am
Originally posted by middiemom middiemom wrote:

Yet more good news for the city!!Clap And yet again we have the usual suspects on here once again moaning and groaning.Unhappy Development  companies don't just throw a dart at a map on the wall gentlemen. They invest money(their own) and  do extensive research before they make a purchase like this.  I think this is wonderful news although I don't know how luxurious these apartments are. Good news none the less!! Anyone heard anymore about the Bw3's coming?Mattress store is showing progress as well as Burlington store. Exciting times!!!

Mom. I know what side of the fence you are on. It is sad to see people in this town believing all that is done and condoning the downward direction this city has taken in the last four decades. You don't see that this town is a shadow of what it once was? It is the side you are supporting that has caused this slide.

We are not "moaning and groaning" as, in typical nature, your group labels us. We are asking questions about this situation and doing some speculation as to how it will all turn out years from now BASED ON PAST HISTORY. Your camp seems to ignore history and deny facts that have been documented. Because we ask questions and raise issues, doesn't mean we don't care about the city where we live. We just want to see success gained in a different way than the leaders are taking us. Our priorities and agenda are different than the city's.

Question for you Mom. How long have you lived here? Were you here in the 50's and 60's when this city was run correctly, had potential, offered the citizens a future and had not started down the path of ruination culminating in where we are today? I was and so were alot on this forum.

If your answer is yes, then I don't see how you can support any city leader from the early 80's to current, when you know dam well this town has gone down the perverbial toilet. If your answer is no, then you have no clue what has transpired here and cannot make a comparison of yesteryear when things were topnotch to today where things are for the most part, a disaster.

It is that comparison of the way it was to what is has become, CAUSED BY THE VERY SAME PEOPLE YOU SUPPORT, that irritates us older citizens, causing this so-called "moaning and groaning" you label us as doing.

We are sick of the Doug Adkin's, Judy Gilleland's and Bill Becker's of the world and people like them who have ruined a perfectly fine city. We are sick of the Sam Ison's and Steve Prices's of the world and those like them who have ruined an excellent performing school district. The city clan and the school clan have taken a once functional city and school system and have made them both into inept, dysfunctional failures through negligence, incompetence and a total lack of common sense in their decision making.

You are supporting the wrong crowd as are the others who support the current leaders. The school and city supporters hide their head in the sand, believe all the crap that is shoveled by the leaders and are as gullible as they come while the schools and city crumble beneath their feet. Don't you see the school's abysmal performance/reputation? Don't you see the city getting more like a ghetto as time goes by? Are you aware of the outsider's opinion of this city as compared to years ago? The schools and city are both playing their supporters for fools. Time to realize it.
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2015 at 10:17am
One draw for those apartments, besides being right by the interstate for ease of access for commuters, is that they'll be in Lebanon school district.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2015 at 11:12am
middiemom:

"As Doug Adkins once told me, he could give each and everyone of you a million dollars and you would all be up in arms screaming "where did you find that?"

With the hidden agendas, the sudden "finding of money" to meet a city project requirement, the magical mystery tour of money manipulation by the finance department and, at times, the unscrupulous methods used by city officials as to day to day operations, can you blame any of us for the distrust of any city goodwill shown by the officials? Can't blame us. That million that Adkins would give us may have been misappropriated knowing some of the underhanded methods used by city leaders over the years. Ya got to admit, history has proven that some of the stuff that has gone on in this city hasn't been exactly trustworthy.

middiemom:

"BW3's is exactly the kind of eatery that vet says this town needs. With the current buying power in Middletown what do you want?"

So you do admit that the town has been reduced to lower echelon income levels. And just who do you think caused that to happen? That's right! The very people that you have chosen to support.

BW 3's may be high end wishful thinking at this point. Probably McD's dollar menu affordability to be more accurate, or White Castle's when on sale.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2015 at 1:23pm
I just received a call about this property. They said this property was located in the Dick's Creek flood plain area.
I know that FEMA redrew the maps several years ago.
Anyone have further info on the flood plain of this area?
SEEKING THE TRUTH View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEEKING THE TRUTH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2015 at 5:38pm
So is that in warren or butler just wondering which section 8 will be filling that place just like Robin Spring . When they can't fill it just wait and see unless it is China money like old town apts.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic