Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 18, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New East End Development in Works

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New East End Development in Works
    Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 11:17am
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 2:37pm

$2M retail development planned in Middletown

Nov 19, 2014, 10:19am EST

Tristan Navera
Staff Reporter-Dayton Business Journal

A new $2 million gas station, convenience store and restaurant development is coming to Middletown.
   The city announced the project will be a 6,000 square foot building at the Interstate 75 and State Route 122 interchange that will house a restaurant and convenience store of a "nationally branded gas station." The city did not identify the company.

The project is part of the master-planned Renaissance District, at the corner of State Route 122 and Commerce Drive. Construction will begin in late winter or early spring, said Lenny Robinson, property agent and president of Robinson Commercial Real Estate, adding the project has been in the works for a year.

It's the latest development along the I-75 corridor between Dayton and Cincinnati, which has seen major investments as the two cities have grown together. The Warren and Butler county areas have also added major new investment, including the Miami Valley Gaming racino and the $500 million Middletown Energy Center planned nearby, along that corridor.

Robinson's client, MNR LLC has been working with the city to prepare the one-acre site for development. That group is led by managing members and Nick Patel, who operate several gas station and convenience stores in the Dayton area. They said the final details will be worked out before the holidays and the tenant will be named.

"The area benefits from $150 million in interstate improvements, and, most recently, the freeway enhancement project which includes soft and hardscape and new signage," said Denise Hamet, Middletown's director of economic development. "To date, more than $300 million has been invested in the Renaissance District and this latest project will help trigger additional development east of the freeway."

Now this is some really GOOD NEWS!

swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 2:48pm
FYI - Business Journals have strict policy about reposting full content:

The material on this site may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, cached or otherwise used, except with the prior written permission of American City Business Journals.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2014 at 3:01pm
Hopefully good news indeed Viv. Based on past history concerning the announcement of economic development versus actual outcome, I'll reserve my excitement until the groundbreaking and the actual construction equipment is on site. Hope it works out well for all. Will create some jobs albeit lower wage service income, but the upside is filling the emptiness out by the freeway while giving traffic a reason to take Exit 32 for gas or a quick meal. Just hope it's more than the Rt. 123 exit which offers a combo Marathon gas station/White Castle/ Sunoco choice on the west side.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2014 at 9:55am
Looks like Lenny finally struck paydirt with the old 'putt-putt-batting-cage-go-cart' land. Congrats Lenny Robinson.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2014 at 10:11am
I wish Lenny Robinson and the investors the best of luck on this deal. It was time.
Remember Mr. Kohler DID NOT want any gas stations in this area because he thought it would be tacky, tacky, tacky
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2014 at 10:38am

Middletown 2014 = excited about a gas station at the interchange.  Ermm

While it is probably needed out there I don't see it as any sign of success nor a boon to the city's coffers.  Wake me up when we have an office development out there filled with higher income professionals. 

Any truth to rumors about an AK development out there?
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2014 at 2:26pm
Bill
I have heard this rumor about AK Offices coming back to Middletown several times over the past year and I just don't believe that City Hall can lure or has what it would take to entice AK to build a shiny big office building at 122 & I-75.

over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2014 at 2:38pm
Yeh, Judy and Marty fought Lenny on this endever at every turn. I'm glad he finally got the city to listen. May be it could start some more activity in the area. I know it's not the the saving grace for the city but at least the city finally listened. Good luck with this project.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2014 at 4:10pm
I was under the impression that AK was at one time looking at an east-end location for their Research Center. 

They didn't purchase their WC office building in 2007, but signed a lease.  I thought it was a 30-year lease with an option to purchase.   At this point, they are seven years into their lease.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic