FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MILTON'S DOUGHNUTS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MILTON'S DOUGHNUTS
    Posted: Apr 13 2014 at 7:39am
Great article about Milton's Doughnuts in todays Journal however I was sorry to hear that another local business may close.

http://www.journal-news.com/news/news/local/mccrabb-miltons-best-place-on-the-planet/nfXfC/
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 3:04pm
I have to agree, Miltons is the best.

Are there no donut shops and no ice cream shops left in Middletown?
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
buckeye43719 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buckeye43719 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 14 2014 at 3:10pm
Middletown still has Central Pastry, but no comparison to Milton's. Milton's is 2nd to none. 
Jesus is the only way to Heaven
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 12:54pm
Milton's did sell, and part of the agreement was that the new ownership has to train with Dan Milton for at least a month and won't be making any major changes to the recipes or operations for a while. Otherwise we still have Central Pastry for a bakery (I like Milton's donuts better, but Central is where I go for cakes, coffee cakes and the rolls). As for ice cream, pretty much just UDF I think?
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 11 2014 at 1:10pm
Thanks Scouter

This is really GREAT NEWS!

DON'T FORGET TO GET THE PEACH ICE CREAM AT UDF and THE PEACH TRUCK FROM GEORGIA WILL BE AT BERN'S
dezzyfits View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dezzyfits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2017 at 3:58pm
I was cruising around reading posts. I actually LOL'ed when I read this from 2014. Its 3 years later and Milton's Doughnuts quality has definetly gone down the tubers. Looks like the training didnt stick.I find myself asking 'why do I wait in line for doughnuts that taste like they have been frozen?' Broken Heart
dez
buddhalite View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 19 2017 at 11:09pm
Dezzy,

I can't believe you feel that way - after being gone for 10 years, my first stop in town was Milton's - and IMHO the place has changed a little, the faces have definitely changed - but those donuts.....oh those donuts.....better than, well, you know, something really, really good. :-)

My favorite is the chocolate covered custard filled doughnuts - I'd kill for one, but my problem is I can't stop at just one!

Bob
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2017 at 8:06am
Speaking of Miltons.....#4 currently in the America's Sweetest Bakery contest

middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 20 2017 at 8:27am
I'm scratching my head at that one dezzyfits, because I haven't seen a decline in quality since the new ownership took over.  There's been some changes for sure, like the fried croissants seem to have doubled in size, and there's been some new additions like the Oreo and Reece's offerings, and the new Key Lime is also quite tasty.  The lemon filled, red velvet and the chocolate covered custard (also one of my favorites Bob) are still as good as ever.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 21 2017 at 11:32pm
I operated three scratch bakeries for decades and was proud of our donuts in their day.

I like Milton's product and the operators--by far the best in town over not much else. If I had a criticism, it might be that they use too much filling and icing, then add more things on top. But that is the trend....Just give me the sour cream/old fashioned glazed version, a cusrard-filled or their caramel nut offering...jmo
dezzyfits View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dezzyfits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2017 at 10:50am
recently heard a rumor that they are moving operations to Carlisle ? Any confirm? Confused
dez
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2017 at 12:41pm
Yeah that seems smart.  Go from a city of 50,000 to 5,000 ....
dezzyfits View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dezzyfits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 28 2017 at 3:56pm
Maybe it is close to franklin. the population is lower but the population denstinty seems good. (looked it up on wiki) Wink
dez
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2017 at 2:23pm
second location in carlise.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic