FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forbes list again??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eastsider View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eastsider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forbes list again??
    Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:42am
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/efkk45fgdge/no-1-unhappiest-city-to-work-in-right-now-cincinnati-middletown-ohio/

Cincy-Middletown Metro area- #1 in the nation of unhappiest places to work!!

Go figure Middletown- may want to work on fixing that in order to increase revenue instead of taxes!

JOBS!
Stanky View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:35am
Why is this news? The Middletown portion of this metro area is fairly small.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:36am
Those pesky Forbes people sure have it out for our city, don't they? Just because we have a few minor issues here , places a target on our backs for constant criticism.

I would imagine this "unhappiness" thing is in the eye of the beholder.

If you are in the public sector and working for the city, things don't look bad at all and "unhappiness" (with the exception of the fire and police folks of course), doesn't enter into the picture. If you are in the old CBC (city building club), making a nice public salary, have top-of-the-line bennies, have fed money coming in to help bolster those revenues while not turning a hand to get jobs in here, have the downtown project reaping the rewards you always had hoped it would , calling the shots while excluding most citizens, and making Christmas and "My Town" videos to pass the workday, things are on the rosy side. Old Leslie Landen, Marty Kohler, Gilleland, Adkins and friends are sitting in high cotton and feeling good about themselves about now, aren't they? Heck, you would too if you always "got your way".

On the other hand, if you are outside the CBC/MMF realm, and living in a town where the leaders and their puppets just want your money for their agenda while asking you not to interfere in their business, the picture ain't so rosy, is it? Why, "unhappiness" just may have filtered in from time to time, right? Depends on which side of the fence you're on.

Working unhappiness? When the people of Middletown have, as a typical choice, fast food employment, Family Dollar cashier employment, gas station attendant employment and a majority of the work being minimal wage jobs as employment, I would imagine "unhappiness" would prosper. The same people mentioned above COULD do something about this, but when you have what you need, why make the effort to help others live a better life and see to it they get decent opportunities to get what they need.

Concentrate on the important things city leaders. Keep building up that downtown area, and, of course, keep making those videos.     
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:53am
I like Forbes but this article really was worthless. No data on how sample was taken, by whom, and what the criteria to be. Lumping Middletown as part of Cincinnati regional reach really doesn't hurt or help its image. Frankly, I fail to see the point of the ranking. Unhappy Bengal fans? Hate the cold weather? Hate the constant orange cones? 

No harm, no foul. Hurt Forbes more than Cincinnati. Pittsburgh is a great area. I know more who disdain Atlanta because  of traffic than Cincinnati, that many find appealing. 
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic