FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Seeking Full Time/Part Time Employment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
UnemployedGuy View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnemployedGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Seeking Full Time/Part Time Employment
    Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 10:25am
I am seeking either a full or part time opportunity. I am currently taking night classes to become an HVAC technician.  Classes are 5:30-9:30 Mon-Thurs.  I will finish July 3rd, 2014. 
I am computer literate, Have a strong medical background and could work as a CNA/STNA/MA in a physician office. 

I am not picky about the work, but asking for something first shift so that I may attend classes in the evening. 

I am hard working and a quick learner.  Seeking $10-12/hr. 

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 11:29am
How about an apprentice program with an HVAC company? Earn while you learn and go to school at night. Perhaps they would entertain that thought as they would be able to see you in action and get you trained, coupled with your school courses, before they hire you. Maybe get a list of companies and start making calls for discussion. Does your school have any leads on working in your chosen field, earning money while you learn?

Same for drs. office perhaps? Doesn't hurt to ask, and, the search is free, except for your time. Worst that can happen is a no answer.

In the buildings trades, you may have to re-locate, perhaps out west, where more new construction is occuring and there is more need for HVAC.

Just a suggestion.

I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
UnemployedGuy View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UnemployedGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 12:07pm
I am open to apprenticeships if I can earn something.  I am divorced and have 2 small children.  I would like to stay in the area so I can be present in their lives. 
I have dropped off resumes at most of the physician practices and Urgent Cares in the area and have also spoken with my instructors. 

I do appreciate your advice though, it is greatly appreciated. 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2013 at 1:07pm
Just another thought, How about the VA Clinic on Union Rd. down the road from Atrium Hospital? I had my first visit and initial physical there a few weeks ago and it seemed to be a nice place to work for the medical people. Labs or clinics in and around the Atrium perhaps?

Don't forget the follow-up on your resumes. Shows interest and initiative to the prospective employers and tells them you aren't just "production lining" your job search with massive mailouts of your resume. Gives the impression of being thorough and organized too.

Again, just a suggestion.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic