Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, March 29, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sorg Mansion Flooded?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sorg Mansion Flooded?
    Posted: Feb 23 2013 at 12:49pm
Anyone know what is going on at the Sorg Mansion?  There is some kind of pumping machinery and maybe a generator going.  It's been there making noise for 2 days now.  I looked this property up and it isn't pending anymore, it's marked as "withdrawn" from the market.
Middletown29 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 7:54pm
Regardless, Finkelman family should be ashamed of the condition of the Sorg Mansion under their ownership.
Take care of the property or transfer it to someone that will.
enough is enough View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enough is enough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 8:20pm
If you look at the County Auditor website you will notice that the Sorg Mansion is at least $10,000 behind in property taxes. Maybe the Finkelman's are waiting for the city to snatch up this prime piece of real estate. The Commercial Realty Company tax mailing address is Finkelman Realty on Central Avenue. The slum lords just keep raking it in.
Clap Great job on maintaining a historical piece of history!
Enough is Enough
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 24 2013 at 8:36pm
Drove by there today--saw the flood trucks outside
Tough situation--more so than the Manchester
I recommended that they level it for a small strip/convenience/specialty center
You should have seen the looks I recieved from the neighborhood city staff--lol
I have never been inside of that place

Sorg Opera House property transfer didn't go all that well either
Amazing what the new owners have--jmo
Rhodes View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhodes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:13am
So 3 days with the flood trucks, yet the electric lights on the first floor running just fine.  I wonder what kind of flood it was.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 8:16am
City should hold Finkelmans accountable for their neglect.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 8:23am
Originally posted by Middletown29 Middletown29 wrote:

City should hold Finkelmans accountable for their neglect.
LOL LOL 
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 9:11am
maybe they had plans for an indoor swimming ho- tel...
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 10:32am
Regardless, Finkelman family should be ashamed of the condition of the Sorg Mansion under their ownership.
Take care of the property or transfer it to someone that will.

Well Middletown29 just how many MILLIONS of dollars do you have invested in Middletown properties?

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 12:55pm
Vivian
I have owned my home and business in Middletown for almost 30 years.
I take care of my property.
The Finkelmans should take care of theirs
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 1:09pm
Its all in the name. If your a Finkleman,Mulligan,Kohler,Gilliand, they can pretty much do as they please.
LOL
Miss Kitty View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 1:18pm
Middletown29,
What is your business and home address so we can
be the judge of how well you maintain your property.
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 9:09pm
I do not need your confirmation that I have maintained my property.
It is obvious the Finkelmans do not.
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2013 at 9:54pm
We're currently pumping out the tunnel that runs between the Sorg Mansion and Opera House (and possibly other downtown locations).
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 3:28am
"We" are currently pumping out the tunnel ..."

Who is "we" and does it involve any taxpayer's money?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 1:36pm
Miss Kitty, are you a Finkelman?
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by TudorBrown TudorBrown wrote:

We're currently pumping out the tunnel that runs between the Sorg Mansion and Opera House (and possibly other downtown locations).
LOLLOL
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 3:06pm
with city staff standing outside the place, thats sounding like they were thinking of what fund they can raid to pay for the pumping,there goes the well field fund and a few othersLOL now that would be some stink-ie stuffLOL so looks like you will see an (BIG) increase on your sewer and tax bill for the next 20 years or so...LOL
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 3:41pm
#interesting
“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 6:30pm

Is this what Middletown considers a big news story OR is this blog really what people do when they have nothing better to do than worry about stuff thats likely none of their damn business to begin with?

Just curious?

hope the city gets that water pumped out of the tunnels fast, Id hate to see them damaged! 

enough is enough View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enough is enough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 8:19pm
Considering the condition the Sorg Mansion it would be hard to believe that the tunnels are in any better shape. I would be interested to know if these tunnels have any effect on the infrastucture of the raods in the downtown area. Maybe the mayor is concerned that his house might be swallowed by a big sink hole?

Millions???? I did not realize that there was that much value in real estate in the south end of town.
Enough is Enough
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 12:05pm
According to one of your recent posts (a new direction), you packed your bags and left Middletown 7 years ago......hmmm?!?!?!!
Murdock View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Murdock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 12:08pm

Vivian
I have owned my home and business in Middletown for almost 30 years.
I take care of my property.
The Finkelmans should take care of theirs

But according to one of your recent posts (a new direction), you packed your bags and left Middletown 7 years ago......hmmm?!?!?!!
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 27 2013 at 12:36pm
LOL oooboy!!!! have nothing better to do than worry about stuff thats likely none of your damn business to begin with?Big smilehmmmmm?!?!?! 
Miss Kitty View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss Kitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 28 2013 at 9:35am

Miss Kitty, are you a Finkelman?

No, I am not a Finkelman Midd29, just a property owner in Middletown for almost 30 years!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic