Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fan Petitions Obama To Pardon Buckeyes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fan Petitions Obama To Pardon Buckeyes
    Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 1:40pm
The Ohio State Buckeyes are undefeated and, naturally, their fans want their team to have a shot at the national championship, or at least a Big Ten championship. 

That’s why some intrepid Buckeyes supporters have started a petition asking President Barack Obama to pardon their football team. Ohio State is ineligible to participate in the postseason — including the Big Ten championship game — because of sanctions levied last season stemming from Buckeyes players receiving free tattoos and other gifts for game memorabilia. 

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 21 2012 at 8:05pm
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 22 2012 at 11:35am
Ya know, there is no one who wants to see the Bucks win week in and week out more than I do. Ruins my weekend when they lose(and the Bengals win, randy sue).....especially against Michigan.

However, isn't it kinda silly to think about petitioning the President for a pardon, given the fact Tressel and company screwed up and didn't report this? Should we Buckeye fans really be thinking about special attention here? Is it fair to the other teams over the years that have been made to serve their full sanctions and make a special case for the Bucks? Probably not.

Besides, who here, including the most ardent fan, thinks this Buckeye team is really strong and talented? C'mon, I've been watching every game and will come out and say it.......this team ain't that good to be 11 and 0. They have a hard time getting started in almost every game. Play lousy in the first half, play better and somehow survive in the second half. Play down to the wire in some games. Barely beat Wisconsin and had to come back against a weak Purdue team. Have any of you been impressed with Miller as a passer? Yes, sometimes he dazzles us with his running abilities, but, c'mon, he clutches and falls down alot in the pocket and, after two years, is still undecided about what he wants to do at times, taking a loss while trying to make up his mind where to go with the ball. The receivers are average at best and the running game is sporadic. Bottom line, IMO.........this is one of the worse 11 and 0 teams I have seen in a long time........and.....I think Urban Meyer knows it too, but, of course, isn't going to berate his team. Better competition outside the Big 10 would beat this team. There are teams in the SEC, Pac 12, ACC and SW conference that would probably beat this team. Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M, Oregon, Stanford, Clemson, Florida State to name a few should have the edge. JMO

Edited by VietVet - Nov 22 2012 at 11:39am
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic