FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

That's What I Heard

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: That's What I Heard
    Posted: Aug 23 2010 at 6:17am
Well..... looks like the Bengals can fill a stadium after all. Seems that there was enough interest in the Dayton area to fill 13,000 seat Welcome Stadium to see them Bengals demonstrate something similar to football. Musta been a slow day in old Dayton. Wonder if it was free admission.??? Can't imagine anyone with any sense actually paying to see the semi-pro team in action, can you? People must have been bored with nothing to do to show, right Randy Ann?

Hermes- it's not too late to change to a winner. Do it now or risk being disappointed again this season.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2010 at 6:36am
As much as I love football and my Bengals, I dont think I will have much time to watch this season. I mean with the new art center opening and all. Most of my days and nights will be spent downtown. I assume after that turn out at the last council meeting it is gonna be a buzz with people and great things to do. I guess I will just have to catch highlights of the games.

The city picked a great time to persure this venture, the same year the Bengals make the Super Bowl they go and aprove this art deal. I guess my football days are over. Sorry Hermes!! I will always root for my boys, but we need to get our game faces on.....The Art Center is coming to save our city who will have time for silly games like football.

Will one even be able to hear the game over the train whistle coming form our new Gatgeway project??
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2010 at 7:26am
I too, am giddy with delight as our city takes on the "cultured look", transposing itself from a sleazy blue-collar industrial town comprised of bottom rung, shift workin' low-lifes to the cultural center for the midwest with high rollers in Bentley's cruising Central avenue throwing money out of the car window and laughing as we commoners fight for the money as it drops to the ground. .......but wait.......there's a conflict here........at the same time council is making the appropriate things happen for a cultural downtown, the same council people are supporting the HUD Section 8 voucher overabundance program to lower the economic class of this town.?????    How can this be? We have an irony here as well as a conflicting theme to our town. They are shooting for a classy cultured aura in downtown while, at the same time, creating a slumlord, welfare, ghetto theme in the surrounding areas. Can these extremes co-exist? Do they really know what they want to do? Time to clean house on council- all of them.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2010 at 9:39am
You two have been busy this morning. LOL

Randy - When your downtown hob-nobbing with the rich and famous make sure you take lots of pictures and good video. Get us some autographs if you recognize anyone famous. You could get one of those small portable TV's and take it with you so you never miss the Bengal action.

Vet - No I won't be switching teams regardless of how the Bengals play. The Bengals need support just like section 8. Neither is very classey but both have heart. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic