FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taste Of Memphis News

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mr. Dave View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taste Of Memphis News
    Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 2:12pm
I heard over the weekend that Taste Of Memphis is closing. Can anyone confirm? Does anyone know the owners? I really liked their food, hate to see them go.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 3:23pm
Is that the rib place in the old Shell station next to Marsh? If so, one of the owners is my old neighbor Gary Duff. Another victim of low to no advertising perhaps? Most of the time when you're hungry you forget that they are there.
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 4:11pm
Well from a previous thread on here, I believe they used to advertise on this site but didn't pay the bill...

And, having heard through the grapevine they are behind on their rent at their current location, this really comes as no surprise. Poor business management skills.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 4:28pm
And likely a poor business model as well.

A drive-thru that's also a bbq take out place?  Hard to understand what's going on there just by driving by. 

May have faired better as a sit-down local (old Sunshine Cafe building, perhaps?) with a liquor licenses. 
Profit margin in liquor/beer/wine is much higher than food. Or perhaps he could have negotiated rent with a downtown property owner looking for fill a vacant store front.  Might have been risky, but can't say the existing model was any less risky. 

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 6:27pm
Say it aint so Joe ?!!!

Thats the best eatery in town, I would hate to see them go out.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2010 at 6:58pm
Believe me running a small business in Middletown is no easy feat, especially under the curent economic and city conditions.
Mr. Dave View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2010 at 10:07am
Running a small business would be made easier if you paid your bills, I am sure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic