Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Wednesday, April 24, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When does THREE years NOT equal THREE years???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When does THREE years NOT equal THREE years???
    Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 1:08am

No less than four times last evening during the “PUBLIC HEARING AND LEGISLATION TO AUTHORIZE CDBG 2009 SUBSTANTIAL AMENDMENT” presentation by Mr. Adkins, I heard it made clear that this was a revision to the THREE YEAR PLAN!!!

Therefore, I am confused by the very first lines of the very first paragraph of Mr. Adkins’ very own Staff Report to Ms. Gilleland, which state:

“PURPOSE

To submit to City Council for legislative action the CDBG 2009 Substantial Amendment, authorize the City Manager to sign and submit a Substantial Amendment to the PY 2009 Annual Action Plan and the 2005-2010 Consolidated Plan, …”

I am questioning my own reading comprehension and elementary math skills as I struggle to understand how either “PY 2009Annual Action Plan” or “the 2005-2010 Consolidated Plan” can be construed to mean “THREE YEAR PLAN”!!! Perhaps the same person who can explain this to me can also point out EXACTLY WHERE in either the workbook or the proposed ordinance it actually mentions the figures that Mr. Adkins cited as being “around $600,000.00”.

One would think that both of these items might have been discussed if City Hall was really striving at OPENNESS in city government! I, for one, can find absolutely NO maximum, nor even an order of magnitude for the amount of money that this ordinance will actually cover ANYWHERE in either the Staff Report or in the Ordinance!!! Did I somehow overlook it??? If so, will someone--ANYONE--please point it out to me???

I also noticed that Mr. Atkins assured everyone that “there WILL be public comments” while Ms. Gilleland just moments later stated that “the public comment period is OVER”!!! Which is correct??? Mr. Adkins’ Staff Report (dated August 12, 2009) states: “The City placed a legal in the Middletown Journal on XXXX, 2009”! If Mr. Adkins was not yet aware on August 12 when the “legal” was published, how can the “public comment period” (of thirty days) possibly be “over” by September first, the date of the council meeting????

Perhaps the “PY” in “PY year” stands for “Plastic Year”, with “plastic” meaning “able to be shaped or molded into many different forms”???

No, my friends, something about this entire thing just does not sit “right”!!! Either someone has been terribly sloppy, or there is more to this than meets the public’s eye!!!

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 6:45am
Mike
  Every time the City talks to anyone about CDBG money there is a different amount available? Didn't they tell the public that they didn't have $65,000 in CDBG money to repair the vault at the cemetery..Hmmmm.
  How could this be the end of a Public Notice period when in fact Mr Adkin had not completed a comprehensive final plan to present to City Council in August? And he surely didn't present a final plan last night before City Council.
  Are you telling me that there isn't $600,000 worth of need in Ward 2? Where and what are they wanting to fund in another Ward?...and I don't believe that it's paving of allies... 
  Could it be that they need some of this money to cover up past mistakes?..OOOPS! 
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 9:24am
Mike I picked up on that same thing last night. I think the "PY" stands for "PhonY". And Vivian your right they screamed that the city had no money for the vault project but apperantly that was or is "phony" also. As for monies for a project in ward 2 thats probably a mystery that won't be solved until we see the construction.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
THE WEAVER View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE WEAVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 10:11am
Miss Moon,  You said that you would be there last night.  You were a NO SHOW, AS WAS THE REST OF THE TOWN.  THE ONLY ONES WERE FROM THE HIGHLANDS DISTRICT.  THEY GOT WHAT THEY WANTED.  It is a shame that they shoved this down everyone's throat.  WAKE UP MIDDLETOWN WE MUST VOTE THIS NOVEMBER AND GET THESE IDIOTS OUT OF OFFICE.  THIS MEANS EVERY WARD MUST GET OUT AND VOTE, NOT JUST THE THRID WARD.  IF YOU CANNOT GET OUT OF THE HOUSE ASK FOR AN ABSENTEE BALLOT  IT IS A TOLL FREE CALL, SO THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ANYONE NOT TO VOTE.LampGeek
Iliveheretoo View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iliveheretoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 10:43am
Originally posted by THE WEAVER THE WEAVER wrote:

Miss Moon,  You said that you would be there last night.  You were a NO SHOW, AS WAS THE REST OF THE TOWN.  THE ONLY ONES WERE FROM THE HIGHLANDS DISTRICT.  THEY GOT WHAT THEY WANTED.  It is a shame that they shoved this down everyone's throat.  WAKE UP MIDDLETOWN WE MUST VOTE THIS NOVEMBER AND GET THESE IDIOTS OUT OF OFFICE.  THIS MEANS EVERY WARD MUST GET OUT AND VOTE, NOT JUST THE THRID WARD.  IF YOU CANNOT GET OUT OF THE HOUSE ASK FOR AN ABSENTEE BALLOT  IT IS A TOLL FREE CALL, SO THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ANYONE NOT TO VOTE.LampGeek
I was there Weaver as was Vet and Mike along with a few other members of the site. where were you ? Where was Hermes? It was packed last night but only one person from this site had the b%ll's to get up and speak  way to go mike Clap
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 10:44am
Originally posted by THE WEAVER THE WEAVER wrote:

Miss Moon,  You said that you would be there last night.  You were a NO SHOW, AS WAS THE REST OF THE TOWNTHE ONLY ONES WERE FROM THE HIGHLANDS DISTRICT.  THEY GOT WHAT THEY WANTED.  It is a shame that they shoved this down everyone's throat.  WAKE UP MIDDLETOWN WE MUST VOTE THIS NOVEMBER AND GET THESE IDIOTS OUT OF OFFICE.  THIS MEANS EVERY WARD MUST GET OUT AND VOTE, NOT JUST THE THRID WARD.  IF YOU CANNOT GET OUT OF THE HOUSE ASK FOR AN ABSENTEE BALLOT  IT IS A TOLL FREE CALL, SO THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR ANYONE NOT TO VOTE.LampGeek
Weaver: I respectfully take exception to the portions of your post that I've highlighted above.

Not only was I in attendence for the entire meeting, I DID speak IN OPPOSITION to the mysterious and fishy CBDG thing.  Viet Vet and Randy from this forum were also in attendence.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 11:03am

Weaver

I'm really sorry that I couldn't make it last night but I was having a little heart problem yesterday afternoon.
  As for the Highlands Historic District issue the only people that could have really stopped this were the residence of the HHD with the newer homes that have the most to loose by this action.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 11:08am
Vivian:  It's a shame that you weren't there.  Had you been there, it might have occurred to me to bring up the vault when Gilleland and Adkins remarked that they weren't able to spend all of the CDBG money in the presently designated areas.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 11:12am
Mike Presta speaks out

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
THE WEAVER View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE WEAVER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 5:40pm
CensoredCensoredtO ILIVEHERETOO--i WAS AT THE MEETING AND IT AS SUCH A FARCE IT MADE ME SICK TO KNOW I LIVE IN SUCH A CITY, ONE THAT WILL LET THIS HAPPEN TO THE PEOPLE AND THE ADMINISTRATION DOES NOT GIVE A HOOT!  I AM ASHAMED TO SAY I LIVE IN SUCH A PLACE, HOWEVER WITH THE PROPOERTY PRICES SO LOW I CANNOT SELL MY HOUSE FOR EVEN ONE HALF OF WHAT IT IS WORTH.  jUST BE GLAD I DID NOT SPEAK--THE POLICE WOULD PROBABLY TAKEN ME OUT FOR TELLING MR. MARCONI AND MR. SCHIAVONNNE WHAT I THOUGHT OF THEM.  I WONDER HOW MUCH THE GOT FOR BEING BOUGHT OFF?Censored
Iliveheretoo View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iliveheretoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 02 2009 at 7:07pm
Thats the type of people we need too  speak
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 03 2009 at 1:50pm
Bear with me here, now folks.  This will start out sounding "picky", but this is important!!
Watch the rerun of the last council meeting (the CDBG public hearing portion), and you will hear Mr. Adkins try to explain away WHY an amendment was needed to the 2009 ANNUAL Action Plan of a THREE year plan.  Then go up and read my initial post wherein I opined something sounded fishy since 2009 was only ONE year, and 2005-2010 was SIX years, and neither was THREE years!!!  (Sounds picky, huh?)
Well, I've spent some time today going over the 99 page NSP2 application that Pacman found.  (This is the one wherein Middletown, led by Mr. Adkins, is chasing TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS in NSP2 Stimulus funds which will be administered as CBDG funds AS SOON AS THEY ARE APPROVED!!!  And there's more!!!

Also in that NSP2 application, Mr. Adkins referenced the “City of Middletown Master Plan 2005-2010” no less than FIVE TIMES!!!  Now that's the MASTER PLAN, NOT the CDBG CONSOLIDATED plan!!!  Also in that very same document, Mr. Adkins referenced the CDBG “City of Middletown 2005-2009 Consolidated plan” at least TWICE!!!

He KNOWS the difference!  He should have been able to GET IT RIGHT!!!

Now Mr. Adkins is a lawyer, and is supposed to pay attention to DETAILS.  Yet, he couldn't seem to keep his years straight OR his "plans"!!!  Could that be because my fears, as expressed when I spoke in opposition during the public hearing, were well-founded???

Could it be that, just as I feared, the groundwork was being laid to grab TWENTY MILLION DOLLARS to spend on "GATEWAYS" and another round of "Ye Olde Tyme Downtowne Middletowne", or whatever else he and Marty and the gang want--all with no restrictions or oversight???

Remember, he TALKED about "it's only $600K" but NOWHERE is a written figure to be found.

And nowhere is any money for our crumbling infrastructure!!!

Watch the public hearing again, and see if what he says really makes ANY SENSE AT ALL!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic