FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

We Must Resize State Government.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Must Resize State Government.
    Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 3:31pm
June 19, 2009 Ohio's Governor Strickland Proposes Balanced Budget Framework

The governor's framework considerably resizes state government in line with the shrinking economy, while minimizing the impact on our most vulnerable, especially children, the elderly and disabled. The framework reduces state government spending and makes other reductions of $2.43 billion.

Call me crazy, but isn't this exactly what Middletown needs to do?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 3:44pm
Agree Jonathan- the downsizing should have been done 20 years ago. Here at Wright-Patt, on a government facility, as a private lab contractor, I see plenty of government waste in effort and people every day. The government element on base has three times more people than they need, too many "make it as difficult as you can" programs that make everything you do seem twice as hard to accomplish just to justify government jobs. Many government people who should be out on the street unemployed, but before they fire them, they always find some meanial job for them to do to stay on the government payroll wasting your tax money and mine. It is very frustrating seeing this each day at work. Too many people doing too many meaningless jobs. No doubt the same in Columbus.
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2009 at 11:48pm
Vet, I have been saying the same thing for the past 15 yrs, if there was a real check and balance program for  Wright-Pat we would save millions maybe billions of taxpayers money. Also if you times this with all of the Military installations  this country would not be in the condition that it is in. This trickes down to Middletown on a smaller scale.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic